Gp2x Hardware Problems

cberthe

Still Fresh
I own a GP2X, but i have difficulties to switch it on and boot the O.S., now each time i switch on the console i got screen full of colored lines and the console doesn't boot anymore, the console is not brick because i did the firware update a few times ago and the console was fonctionning (had the colored lines problem time to time) correctly, today after using it for a little moment i cannot swith it on anymore, i opened it to take a look at the power switch, but it did'nt solve the problem. I need help because i can't use it anymore and i'm very disapointed :( ! Has somebody got the same problem as me ? Help will be very appreciated !

Thank you,

cberthe

Blah posted on Jul 27 2006 at 11:50 AM said:
This is just a wild guess, but did you try new batteries?

Batteries are new ... but i will try my 2500 mAh when get home to be sure ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Were you using standard energizers or duracells or something? They don't last long at all in the 2x. But your 2500mAh batteries should work fine. The colored lines are normal when there's not enough juice in the batteries to fully power the unit.

BobBorakovitz posted on Jul 27 2006 at 01:57 PM said:
Were you using standard energizers or duracells or something? They don't last long at all in the 2x. But your 2500mAh batteries should work fine. The colored lines are normal when there's not enough juice in the batteries to fully power the unit.

I tried my 2500 mAh, but the problem persist, i do not know what to do, but i think my gp2x is gone RIP !

Shikaku posted on Jul 27 2006 at 06:55 PM said:
Sorry for the stupid question, but are the 2500 mAh batteries fully charged?

Yep, fully charged !!! :D

you have no adapter? You can buy multi-voltage adapters at your local electronics store if not. Just make sure you set it correctly before using it!

I'd try that before declaring it dead. Maybe EvilDragon will chime in here, I think he's fixed similar problems to these.

BobBorakovitz posted on Jul 27 2006 at 11:21 AM said:
you have no adapter? You can buy multi-voltage adapters at your local electronics store if not. Just make sure you set it correctly before using it!

I'd try that before declaring it dead. Maybe EvilDragon will chime in here, I think he's fixed similar problems to these.
Noooooo! Unregulated PSU's will kill the thing dead!

Buy only regulated, and those aren't cheap, at least as expensive as the official one.

If I wanted to test it I would use an ATX PSU to make the 3.3volts, at least it is regulated that way (if it can support 1amp draw on the 3.3volt line of course.

Back