Gp2x File Archive: How To Distinguish "free Beer"- Games To

Gnuku

Still Fresh
Rewrited on an other post because of misunderstanding on the topic

Son Gnuku - The power of freedom

Sorry but this isn't the sort of thing this community is in to.

We are not 'that' type.

I guess we are mostly the chilled out dudes sitting on the sofa not too worried about the cost of heating the house while drinking wine or beer and just talking about fun stuff.

The only license I want to release my code under is 'free'.

The games with no license included in the package are illegal to download and play. Stay where you are; we will come to you to deliver judgement.

Okay, just noticed this comment on the archive for Animatch from this same fun loving new member:

Is it a GPL's game? If not I don't play. There is no licence in the zip file. More and more games are built for GP2X without being GPL. Strange philosophy. Maybe Game Park wants to own the licence?

Words can't express how angry this makes me! I spend weeks and weeks of my time writing this game, I create all the graphics myself and write all the code. Despite all of that I release it as a free game for anyone to play and enjoy - heck I even quickly release an update adding some requested features.
As it's my work it's my choice whether or not I want a GPL License and as it happens I don't. (I don't like to speak for anyone else but I'm sure Pat feels the same about the Music he created.)

It's irrelevant to me whether you download the game or not but when all is said and done the only person losing out is you.

I'm a free software supporter myself but this kind of shit is ridiculous. And did we really need two threads for this stupid bullshit?

It's one thing to release a free game but another to just release your source and let people take lots of credit for making tiny noticable changes when I will have spent loads more time writing the underlying code of the game.

Edit: That is not to say that if someone requested the source that I would not give it out to them.

Me thinks someone is looking for some code to steal.

:huh:

Back