Gp2x Contest Winner! Wind & Water: Puzzle Battles By Yuan Work

YuanHao

Website
www.yuanworks.com
Hi everyone,

Wind & Water: Puzzle Battles won the third place in the GP2X official contest.

We worked three months for this competition and expected a better result, but oh well, here are some screenshots of the hard work:

wind_and_water.jpg

screen4.jpg

We would like to personally invite you to our website so you can take a look at it if you're interested.

http://www.yuan-works.com

We hope that you would like our game and any feedback is very welcome!![cut]

YouTube videos of the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ9mrXwQSjw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHlru6pg03M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWpPiqJwlXs

It is practically finished!!

If you like it, please vote DIGG our news

Thank you very much,

Best regards to the GP2X Community,

- YuanHao

BTW, we are NOT Korean ;)[/cut]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I watched the first youtube movie, it looks awesome! :D
Very nice grapics.

Thank you all :).

Edit: when will there be a download link available? Or is it commercial?

Worst contest ever.

The concept of paying out a prize is to open source the bastard. The official contest was doomed from the get go, and the winner just proves it.
Sorry, i don´t understand a single word. And how do you know the winner of the contest? Has it been announced already?

So it was a competition to make a commercial game?

The game looks really cool.

Worst contest ever.

The concept of paying out a prize is to open source the bastard. The official contest was doomed from the get go, and the winner just proves it.
Sorry, i don´t understand a single word. And how do you know the winner of the contest? Has it been announced already?
The contest winners have been announced, check the General board (no 2nd place prize was given for some reason). The official contest had strange badly-worded rules that nobody really liked. The winner was a visual novel.

So am I, I can wait this look great :D what sort of price will it be though because the current commercial games are WAY too expensive :(

Nice, but I think it's sad that the overwhelming majority of homebrew GP2X games, including this one, don't even remotely make use of half of the GP2X's power, and if such games do, they must be horribly badly written.

Seems like most people consider a GP2X as a GBA with a larger screen.

Looks like a very nice and polished puzzle game, I especially like the music too. Although I'm not a real puzzlefan.

A r K your game should of won 1st place, visual novels is very noobish in my opinion ...

A r K your game should of won 1st place in my opinion, I havent seen the visual novel game yet but im a puzzle game fan, visual novel to me just means boredom

I like the looks of the game.. looks like those SNES games that were popular in Japan, but way more polished. I actually DON'T like the music.. at least the ones in the video... they are so slow and it doesn't fit, because these kind of games have a sense of urgency. something more hyper would be perfect :)

offtopic:
aapje89, your recently played list rocks :D it's pretty much just like mine too

I like the looks of the game.. looks like those SNES games that were popular in Japan, but way more polished. I actually DON'T like the music.. at least the ones in the video... they are so slow and it doesn't fit, because these kind of games have a sense of urgency. something more hyper would be perfect :)

offtopic:
aapje89, your recently played list rocks :D it's pretty much just like mine too

Thank you, the SNES had its limitations, but the GP2X doesn't :D

Yeah, the music was actually kind of temporary and taken from other of our games, since we needed to add music for the Contest build. It should be more hyper haha, we'll take that into account. In fact, while losing, the "OH NO YOURE ABOUT TO DIE" music is reaaally important in this games.

Anyway, thank you justin and everyone for your comments! :)

Nice, but I think it's sad that the overwhelming majority of homebrew GP2X games, including this one, don't even remotely make use of half of the GP2X's power, and if such games do, they must be horribly badly written.

Seems like most people consider a GP2X as a GBA with a larger screen.

Half of GP2X's power? Wait until you see the demo, it uses a lot of alpha blending and it is rendering many many sprites. Oh, and about horribly badly written, I must say you are completely wrong.

We'll let you all know when we have a demo :)

We worked three months for this competition and expected a better result..
Not surprising. Not seen the winning entry yet, but I can't see a visual novel being better that this.
And that's coming from someone that hardly ever bothers with puzzle games ;)

Back