Gp2x Chuckie Egg

The current BBC emulator (ported by bohemiath) isn't optimized or anything yet. It runs reasonably well at 266 too. It would be nice if somebody finished it off (sound, menu, etc.) but he seesm to have dissappeared without trace (last post May)...

Also, I clocked the old BBC version (I think I had a score of 1.4 million or something stupid) and I can confirm that there is nothing exciting in the later levels. :(

If I remember correctly, it goes:

Blue Ducks
Yellow Duck
Yellow Duck + Blue Ducks

and then repeats but faster...

I assume this has the original levels - would it be possible to add the other set of levels? I can't remember off my head who did them, but it was released by another company, along with a level designer...

Gruntfuggly posted on Sep 28 2006 at 09:46 AM said:
Also, I clocked the old BBC version (I think I had a score of 1.4 million or something stupid) and I can confirm that there is nothing exciting in the later levels. :(

yeah it turns out the mechanical spider on level 50 was a dream. appologies, sometimes my dreams seem so real.

Last edited by a moderator:
crutchlow posted on Sep 27 2006 at 10:33 AM said:
I've written a version of chuckie egg using SDL for the gp2x, i didn't like the c64 or spectrum version in the emulator which was the only version i could find.

you can download from the archive.

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,35,1823

Neil.

Wow cool game and superb job. Any chance of doing the same on EXILE - my mate had an electron and absolutely loved that game, and Repton .......

Good job

Last edited by a moderator:
Really great port idea !
I just love this game, with this gfx design.
I played a lot of it when I saw the windows port (linked in this forum as far as
can remember).

Great work !

truly amazing.

first game I ever played on my primary schools beeb. a choice between chuckie and river kingdom? purple and green platforming every time...

it's incredible work though, can't fault it, you're truly a god of nostalgia gaming.

thank you from the bottom of my SD card.

p.s. repton would almost be too good, I'm not sure if I could handle it. :)

Back