Gp2x Arcade Cabinet - Kind Of....

ruckage

Certified Guru
Hi everyone, needed a break from coding so decided to do something a little different. I've designed and made a cardboard arcade cabinet that is a stand for the GP2X - very tacky and a bit pointless but I like it :)

I got the idea after seeing a similar item for sale for the PSP and figured I could do that myself. Oh and take notice of the cabinet artwork - wonder what game that could be.............

gp2xcab1ly2.jpg

gp2xcab2ki3.jpg

gp2xcab3kp4.jpg

gp2xcab4jb5.jpg

craigix said:
http://gp2x.co.uk/minimame.jpg

I made that with the GP32 about 3 years ago :) yours looks a lot better though!

I wonder how small you could get such a system, maybe wire up a 1" LCD and make some kind of keychain mame?

I've said it before and ill say it again!

Stones Bitter FTW!

also love mini arcade cabinets

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how small you could get such a system, maybe wire up a 1" LCD and make some kind of keychain mame?

Search google images for ipod nano mame

ruckage said:
Hi everyone, needed a break from coding so decided to do something a little different. I've designed and made a cardboard arcade cabinet that is a stand for the GP2X - very tacky and a bit pointless but I like it :)

I got the idea after seeing a similar item for sale for the PSP and figured I could do that myself. Oh and take notice of the cabinet artwork - wonder what game that could be.............

Wow that would look sooooo cool as a full sized cabinet too. Nice artwork!

~telengard

Thanks everyone, sorry for not replying sooner, suffering from the hangover from hell :wacko:.
I've got a couple more designs I've made so will get some pics of those on soon and I will post the plans so you can make your own once I've tidied up the design a bit and written the instructions.

Two more designs for you to see, one for the f100 and one for the f200.

gp2xcabs1he0.jpg

gp2xcabs2sl5.jpg

For anyone interested this is where I got the idea from - Suck UK

Is the first one you posted a subtle hint to one of your upcoming games? :)

Alex. said:
Is the first one you posted a subtle hint to one of your upcoming games? :)
:D Yes a very subtle hint. I've been very busy lately and have 4 games actively in the works and three of them nearly finished.

JakeK said:
So you managed make a design from the PSP one?

I'd love to get my hands on your designs to make for myself. I will always know where my GP2x F200 is :p
No I just got the idea after seeing the psp ones for sale on the net, I designed the gp2x ones completely from scratch. I will get the designs tidied up so it's easy to see how to construct them and then get them uploaded to the archive for anyone to make.

Looks beautiful! What kind of paper did you use that your printer was able to print on its surface? I tried several thicker kinds of paper, but the quality of printing was so much worse then.

ruckage said:
For anyone interested this is where I got the idea from - Suck UK

Some of their gadgets look pretty interesting, but the prices are about 10x higher that I would expect :unsure:

Back