GP screen Display

gary

My GP is on its way - should hopefully get it tuesday! cant wait!
what d le to know is: How are the games displayed when running the emulators. As a kid growing up with the boarder issues of the snes onwards i have come to loath the letterbox screens and pretty much any other kind of framing device - its full screen all the way!

i guess its not the end of the world if they have boarders, would just be a bonus - dam! im getting a system thats gonna run a retro kids dreams, i shouldnt be asking for more!!! (but i am) : )

thanks in advance

Gary
www.pixel-vision.co.uk

Depends on the emulator and if they allow to stretch the display or not...

GBvGP stretches to full screen
GPengine is full screen (as far as i remember, at work :p)
SMS, has borders
ect

Played Sonic for a few hours the other night, you really dont notice the borders at all so wouldnt worry about it :)

Bonks

SMS0.5 has borders on .sms games but with game gear games .ggg can pan to full screen so is great.

doom2/wolf3d scummvm etc has full screen

I don't think it should be question unless your just amazingly allergic to to small black lines? - it doesn't affect any of the emulators or take away any pleasure in playing the emulator\games.

Don't you think the emulator programmers made sure the games at at the least playable and enjoyable before they release em.

You will be v. happy with it - Over the weekend - I showed this person my gp32 - its probably already on order!! -

As a kid growing up with the boarder issues of the snes onwards i have come to loath the letterbox screens and pretty much any other kind of framing device - its full screen all the way!

I hope the same thinking applies to movies for you. If it does, then visit here = www.widescreen.org

A bit off topic, but meh =)

thanks for all the replies - im sure im gonna be well pleased with it.

swiss cheese: your a funny man! and no, its just games that i have boarder issues with : )

thanks all again & im sure i'll be back once i have my gp

gary

it doesn't affect any of the emulators or take away any pleasure in playing the emulator\games.

Actually it does, because whats the use of having a huge screen and only using 75% of it.

What about when you run gb games on a gba, it really sucks if you have it on fullscreen mode.

Back