Gp Cinima 2

Gargoyle67

Still Fresh
Hi,

I've just downloaded and installed gp cinima 2, and i can't see any avi files on the screen and the only button that seem to work is the select button for help coming soon text, am i supposed to have the avi's in a certain named folder ?. As the shell interface shows no files to select.

Thanks.

Does it show ".."?

If so, select that, then select another folder (the one you put the movies in).

Hi,

It's ok i sorted it out, tried it on another card and it works now, must have been the way the other card was formated or something.

Thank anyway =)

Gargoyle67 posted on Jul 30 2005 at 05:17 PM said:
Hi,

I've just downloaded and installed gp cinima 2, and i can't see any avi files on the screen and the only button that seem to work is the select button for help coming soon text, am i supposed to have the avi's in a certain named folder ?. As the shell interface shows no files to select.

Thanks.

I had the same problem. Turned out I had forgotten to delete the config file from the old gp cinema.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok,

I've got gp cinema to select the file but every time I go to run the movie the gp32 resets !, I’ve tried venous settings on temp encode but still getting resets I’m using XviD-1.0.3-20122004 and AC3ACM_0.8 for the sound vie tried another lower vers of xvid. So what am I doing wrong?

Yeah ok,

Mail me at: andy@gargoyle.freeserve.co.uk

And i'll mail you the file, it's only 500k in rar format.

Thanks

hi i just posted saying i need help

and i do :(

i have tried many diffrent versions of it, and it wont reconise my avi files

once it restarted my gp32

i didnt really understand all that up there, cause im a newbie, lol

thanks

You have to be looking in the correct folder to see your avi's, so, if you put them in movie or whatever the folder's called be sure you ARE looking there. I know that sounds kind of common sense, but you never know.

Further, if it's a problem with your avi format (and if you're a newbie like you claim), there's an encoding guide on the website in my signature. I has all the info you need to know. :)

It's worth mentioning that if you had GPcinema1 on before you installed 2 you need to delete the settings file for 1. I think it resides in GPSYS but I may be wrong.

I just got Gp cinema but I can't do anything apart from press select for help. There is no ".." to change folder. it says it's looking in a folder called gp:\ but I don't have a folder with that name. Also, if I keep pressing down for a few seconds ++ appears on the top-right corner of the left box. And I have converted it to XviD using VitualDub and the guide on newbie.gp32x. What do I do?

Barnaby posted on Sep 8 2005 at 12:13 PM said:
I just got Gp cinema but I can't do anything apart from press select for help. There is no ".." to change folder. it says it's looking in a folder called gp:\ but I don't have a folder with that name. Also, if I keep pressing down for a few seconds ++ appears on the top-right corner of the left box. And I have converted it to XviD using VitualDub and the guide on newbie.gp32x. What do I do?
gp:\ is the root folder (like c:\ on a computer). If your SMC is formatted correctly, you should be able to see several folders here (called GAME, GPMM, MOVIE, etc..). If your movie was placed in the MOVIE folder, click that and the folder will open and display your videos.

Hope that helps. :)

Barnaby posted on Sep 12 2005 at 11:11 AM said:
Oh great. Well at how do I format the card properly?

EDIT: Oh yeah I just remembered that I dowloaded GP cinema 1 and tried the video on that. Each time I highlight the video the GP32 resets but it works on other videos (from http://www.gptheatre.co.uk/). What is wrong with it?
Are you sure you're using the correct codec? Which one did you use?

I'm sure I used the XviD MPEG-4 codec..... although i do remember the being somthing different in one section because the wasn't an option for it.... I'll do the process again and find out. Btw, nice site (I can finally fix my R button!).

EDIT: I tried to do it again but the result is the same. I tried print screen while I was doing it but it didn't register the button press so I'll just explain it along with a picture of the relevant section of the guide.

hmmmmm4tl.png

Where I have circled it, it it just blank when I try it. There are no additiol options for MPEG Layer-3 but there are for others.

Here's what it looks like:
hmmmmm8hx.png

The only Xvid codec that will work on gpCinema is called Koepi's Xvid codec; be sure that's the one you're using.

As for the sound bitrates not appearing, try clicking "Show all formats" right below that selection window.

Thanks, and glad my site helped. :)

shinneri posted on Sep 14 2005 at 07:38 PM said:
The only Xvid codec that will work on gpCinema is called Koepi's Xvid codec; be sure that's the one you're using.

As for the sound bitrates not appearing, try clicking "Show all formats" right below that selection window.

Thanks, and glad my site helped. :)

I have tried show all formats and I am using the right codec..... I'm confused.....

Back