Gp Book V1.2

WhiteFalcon

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Another update:

- added auto-scroll function for the lazier ones among us (3 speed levels) ;)
- fixed (?) support for larger files, 1MB+ files should read ok
- added blank lines limit - no empty screens anymore
- drawing functions are now in asm and one or two more
optimizations should make things work a bit faster
- text formatting ON is now default

I am aware of the fact that the scrolling gets jerky at faster speeds. I presume it is because of vertical synchronization or perhaps the horizontal one and would appreciate any help with solbing it. I have already tried the Vsync waiting method Mr.Mirko suggested but it yields no improvement.

Great stuff!!!

especially because i use my gp32 more like pda than a gaming handheld nowadays!.

I just lke to travel light..

Thanks a lot! I missed the autoscroll function... what about mp3 playing in the ba :) ckground? But it's perfect even without Craddle of filth :) And it supports Czech :D

I am glad you have found use for it :)

LOOM: No, there is definitelly not going to be support for any music, read the Readme.txt to find out the speed it is running at...

the last version was very professional, I can't check this out at the moment but you may already have incorporated zip support. If not, is it on your todo list? Because text files compress down loads

Hmm, I have already looked into that and Reesy also sent me the zip library he used, but am rather thick when it comes to incorporating others' source code into mine, prefering to do everything my self. However, the zip format is probably too much to write from scratch so I will have to look for some easier way. If anyone knows about some really independent and all-in-one zip library, msg me please.

Thanks a lot! I missed the autoscroll function... what about mp3 playing in the ba :) ckground? But it's perfect even without Craddle of filth :) And it supports Czech :D
How the hell can you read with that awful noise in the backround?

I'll try this out when I get my new GP32, First on the agenda will be Animal Farm. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back