Got Two Questions.

Hotcooler

Website
openpandora.info
First - Will pandora have some sort of JVM (Java virtual machine)?

And second - Wouldnt it be better to port Bochs emu insted of Dosbox? IMO it's faster and much more compatible (Judging from WINmobile perspective)?

No one ever said that if DOSbox is ported no other DOS emu should be ever ported...

Hotcooler said:
And second - Wouldnt it be better to port Bochs emu insted of Dosbox? IMO it's faster and much more compatible (Judging from WINmobile perspective)?

Bochs is actually, or at least historically (they might have optimized it a LOT over the last couple of years, but I doubt it), a LOT slower than Dosbox. Dosbox wants things to run well enough, and particular, wants games to. Bochs' goal was always (again, historically) to emulate accurately. Consequently, a turtle on opium is probably slightly faster than it on anything but a dual core monster desktop machine!

Last edited by a moderator:
GP2X had some kind of Java implementation, and a port of Bochs, so it's highly likely both will eventually be ported to Pandora.

The man above me is correct. Bochs is VERY slow. It implements every single instruction in c++ code. In turn, that makes it able to run on anything you can compile c++ on, but the speed is terrible. It's mostly a debug tool.

JVM is a given. I don't know if it will be preinstalled, but there is a good ARM JVM package, Jalimo.

Back