Gorila Gp2x Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
ArChEr released Gorila gp2x - a Remake of the classic Basic game :)
Featuring stylish ASCII-graphics :)

gorillaz.png

Download: Gorila gp2x
News Source: www.gp32spain.com

it`s not rampage... it is a very old game of strategy and precision. Back in the day, it came with every DOS install for qbasic as a demo. You have two gorillas that stand on randomly generated skyscrapers. You need to take aim and then throw an exploding-banana at the other gorilla turnwise.

why you wanna do that to the gorilla? what he ever do to you *sniff* bully...ok its old school DOS cant go wrong with that, Ill give it a whirl later on.

I love this game... I remember hacking "cheat codes" into the BASIC program, so that you could make the explosion bigger or do different things.

Haven't played it in ages though. A true classic.

Now if only someone could make a true-to-original Nibbles clone.

EDIT: Can't seem to get it work. I can't get past the white loading screen.

Can I still enter crazy input to defy the laws of physics, and blow up the sun with bananas?

Hmm .. for the most 'authentic' feel these could be compiled from the old .bas files with a BASIC compiler, then run in DOSbox. They MUST run fast, they do about jack and shit ... ;)

Yay!

Although the graphics are not ASCII (other than the text at the top).

Now can we have a Nibbles port too?

semyaza posted on Sep 27 2006 at 12:50 PM said:
Yes was going to say before worms.

I remember playing this sneakily in school on the old RM Nimbus machines which ran windows 2.
Windows 2? Surely not..

Last edited by a moderator:
taras posted on Sep 27 2006 at 12:58 PM said:

I remember playing this sneakily in school on the old RM Nimbus machines which ran windows 2.
Windows 2? Surely not..

Yep, I remember that... It was hardly worthy of being called Windows...

Gadget posted on Sep 27 2006 at 10:43 PM said:
taras posted on Sep 27 2006 at 12:58 PM said:

Windows 2? Surely not..

Yep, I remember that... It was hardly worthy of being called Windows...
Layers? :p

Yes I remember Windows 2.0. There were no real icons unless you minimised something. Everything was done in a sort of file explorer. But in those days anything that was GUI based looked kewl as the alternative on a PC was DOS. MS should have taken a page out of the Amiga OS's book, now that even multi tasked properly, way ahead of MS in operating systems SIGH.

I also remember the Gorilla game. It came as part of Basic that was supplied with DOS. Really fun game too, thanks for porting it :)

Back