Good Sd Card For My Wiz?

itscurbe

Still Fresh
I'm looking to buy an SD card for my gp2x wiz; I just want to make sure that I get one that will be fully compatible. I would like a 4GB, or an 8GB if possible. Anything I should look out for?
thanks

Any of those cards will work.

The thing you should look for is the class rating. Higher class = faster card. Won't make much of a difference inside the Wiz (most games/emulators don't read that much data) and zero difference if you copy onto the card via Wiz's USB cable (it's always super slow). If it's in a card reader and you copy some files around, the difference will be huge, however.

So, go with a class 6 or 10. If you get a class 4 really cheap it would be also ok.

aho said:
Any of those cards will work.

The thing you should look for is the class rating. Higher class = faster card. Won't make much of a difference inside the Wiz (most games/emulators don't read that much data) and zero difference if you copy onto the card via Wiz's USB cable (it's always super slow). If it's in a card reader and you copy some files around, the difference will be huge, however.

So, go with a class 6 or 10. If you get a class 4 really cheap it would be also ok.

I went from a 4GB class 4 to a 16GB class 6 Patriot SDHC, and the load times appear to be faster - Especially noticeable is Quake 2, which takes a while to load, and from the SD card menu on the Wiz, all of the games and icons come up faster. Even Super Mario RPG seems a little less laggy !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back