Good Free Web-hosting Service

tekt5

NazcaBeer Spokesman
Website
Visit site
Hey everyone.
I was just wondering if any of you know any good free web hosting services. Geocities is fine for my main website but I need to upload a 7 mb video for it. Geocities lets me have 15mb of space for free but unfortunatly only allows me 5mb uploads. So anyone know of any good alternatives or a way to trick geocities to think its less than 5mb :lol: I'd appreciate it thanks.

tekt5 posted on Oct 17 2005 at 09:15 PM said:
Hey everyone.
I was just wondering if any of you know any good free web hosting services. Geocities is fine for my main website but I need to upload a 7 mb video for it. Geocities lets me have 15mb of space for free but unfortunatly only allows me 5mb uploads. So anyone know of any good alternatives or a way to trick geocities to think its less than 5mb :lol: I'd appreciate it thanks.

Superb place for webspace & free e-mail

http://www.tripod.lycos.co.uk/

Advert popups but does let you upload huge files, 100MB webspace with full FTP/PHP/PERL etc, Best free one by far or angelcity is also not bad

Last edited by a moderator:
tekt5 posted on Oct 17 2005 at 10:15 PM said:
Hey everyone.
standard ftp programs. Try filezilla on soureforge.

ok thanks guys! I used both of your suggestions

in case you care here's the website if you wanna look at it:
www.idiotbox.u4l.com

its just a little skateboarding site me for me and my friends 'team'

PinkSpider posted on Oct 18 2005 at 10:22 PM said:
Didnt you get any with your connection. My super shit ISP gave us 50mb of free space with no Ads and that and no bandwidth limit.
geocities IS the free space for BT broadband, which is crap ince it's free anyway.

Goity posted on Oct 18 2005 at 10:58 PM said:
PinkSpider posted on Oct 18 2005 at 10:22 PM said:
Didnt you get any with your connection. My super shit ISP gave us 50mb of free space with no Ads and that and no bandwidth limit.
geocities IS the free space for BT broadband, which is crap ince it's free anyway.
HAHAHA.

Even Karoo host their own sites, shitty karoo.

Back