God_at_hell For Guru!

I'm not entirely sure what Guru status means any more. I'm assuming it denotes a knowledgeable and/or helpful person. In which case, yes, it is certainly deserved. If it is some sort of denotation of coding prowess then I'm not so sure. I'd probably still say yes, though.

So there you go. Another yes vote.

I think a separate badge for developer would be good. Posters could then know who is a coder and who isn't. Many devs aren't very active posters but do alot of good coder work. Even though some coders do post alot the dev status is more encompassing.

This separation would be good now as the membership is growing alot so a second catagory wouldn't hurt.

In my opinion god_at_ hell deserves whichever status you give him if it wasn't for him noobs wouldnt have an incentive to learn the scripts and apply it to other programs (im running 1.4) hell i love the fact that i can adjust different OC settings for different programs. Guru him
P.S. And dzz aswell both have made great contribution to the community.

Here's a thought: got_at_hell hasn't even responded to this thread. How often does he post? I don't care if he gets guru status either way. I'm just saying.

sand_man posted on Apr 27 2006 at 09:47 AM said:
Here's a thought: got_at_hell hasn't even responded to this thread. How often does he post? I don't care if he gets guru status either way. I'm just saying.
Total Cumulative Posts 123
( 0.1 posts per day / 0.03% of total forum posts )

There are a lot of non gurus who know more and share the knowledge better. Maybe he deserves the badge, maybe it won't make an ounce of a difference to the boards so it doesn't matter. I don't really know.

Last edited by a moderator:
FluffyPanda posted on Apr 27 2006 at 10:54 AM said:
sand_man posted on Apr 27 2006 at 09:47 AM said:
Total Cumulative Posts 123
( 0.1 posts per day / 0.03% of total forum posts )

There are a lot of non gurus who know more and share the knowledge better. Maybe he deserves the badge, maybe it won't make an ounce of a difference to the boards so it doesn't matter. I don't really know.

We had the same discussion before and there wasn't any satisfying solution. I got my "Guru" unexpectedly and thought it was nice it wouldn't matter for my activities here.

Imho what we have now isn't ideal nor optimal but... the more I was thinking about it the more it was clear for me anything else will make things only more complicated. GP32x isn't an army so it doesn't need any strict rules or hierarchy.

My small sugesstion would be to just add more blue bars to someone's status to reward of some achievements (if there is a controversy giving Guru). In my very own opinion "Guru" shouldn't cancel the blue bars too.

DaveC posted on Apr 26 2006 at 07:46 PM said:
I think a separate badge for developer would be good. Posters could then know who is a coder and who isn't. Many devs aren't very active posters but do alot of good coder work. Even though some coders do post alot the dev status is more encompassing.

This separation would be good now as the membership is growing alot so a second catagory wouldn't hurt.
I think god_at_hell could have DaveC´s guru status... :)

Seriously, if DaveC deserves to be a guru, god_at_hell deserve to be a superguru.

Fishbong posted on Apr 27 2006 at 01:49 PM said:
if DaveC deserves to be a guru, god_at_hell deserve to be a superguru.
Allow me to disagree. DaveC knows a hell of a lot about this handheld, even if his technical knowledge isn't the best of the gurus. He also offers up a (usually) valid and helpful opinion in many, many threads.

sand_man posted on Apr 27 2006 at 07:47 AM said:

I don't responded to this thread, because i don't like to participate in discussions about myself very much....

First of all to all the guys who think i should be guru ... thx ... i would be very pleased :) .

But now my two cents about this matter:

You have to remember what i did and what i did not. I didn't write the funktion to provide overclocking, it was Hermes/PS2Reality. I only fixed some bugs, cleanded the sourcecode and did some menu-changes. Another thing i didn't write was the gamma-function, this was the work of theoddbot. What i did was the commandline-support, the whole LCD tweaking, and some more bughunting :p. While i wrote the LCD-part Rob was a very good help too.

I don't read the threads regarding very simple issues and smalltalk, because there are a hand full of other forums i poste at and i simply don't have the time to read all posts. (theres the studium too)
If my posts are very helpfull or not ... i can't tell, but i hope i can help people if they ask me :)

If this is enough to be guru ... i can not tell ... i don't want to ... it's your job, but i can tell, that i don't think of me as a coding-guru. That's because of the fact, that i don't do well when it comes to port something ... and SDL keeps mocking me. I just tried Descent and i'm stuck at the Paralax-screen ... after that i get a damn maloc error :(. The same goes for Woogals Quake2-Port. I tried to compile it with Hardware-SDL to gain some fps, but i can't get doublebuffering to work and without it's a flickering mess.

PS: Like in all my postings ... prepare for mor or minder bad english and lot of dots ..... sorry for this

god_at_hell posted on Apr 28 2006 at 12:55 AM said:
sand_man posted on Apr 27 2006 at 07:47 AM said:

I don't responded to this thread, because i don't like to participate in discussions about myself very much....

I didn't mean anything by it. I just thought you weren't a very active member that's all ;)

kknd_cf posted on Apr 27 2006 at 03:59 PM said:
TyBO123 posted on Apr 26 2006 at 03:03 AM said:
*cue tumbleweed*
hehe what a faggot

Agreed. Stupid post from a disrespectful noob.

Back