Gngneo Is Cool

GpDogg

Right, i have been finding out bits and bobs about gngneo2x but i cant find an indefinate source which lets me know all the ins and outs of this ace emu.

The thing is, im a bit tired, and all the info i have found is to resize a roms screen (command line stuff...)

If you guys can help me gather all information possible on gngneo2x all in this one topic, that would help me alot. Including all updates, frontends, and all roms which you got working with resized screen.

Also, the main thing im puzzled about is roms with larger sizes, like mslug3 etc. Im dying to get this working, but i have literally NO clue what to do, or what to get.

Please can you help me out to enjoy this emu lots more, i got the front end, but it still doesnt work the "bigger" roms. Sorry if the info IS easy to find, :(

GpDogg posted on Feb 23 2006 at 10:24 PM said:
If you guys can help me gather all information possible on gngneo2x all in this one topic, that would help me alot.

It's all in the GnGeo2X 0.6.9 update topic in the news section, it's only 42 pages long and has the answers you are looking for. ;)

General info and compatibility is at the GnGeo2X wiki page. Most of the information is up to date.

Latest version is 0.6.9 you can download it with the rage2x front-end here. It has a read me file. :)

Making larger roms work, requires you to make a gfx dump for the emulator to use. I've linked to an earlier post of mine here.

Please also note that some roms will not load all their sound files as there simply isn't enough ram available in the GP2X. It will take some very special coding to work around that issue.

If you don't like the idea of doing the gfx dump yourself it's worth noting that the next version of GnGeo2X will have the feature built in. It's currently undergoing testing and has been found to contain some bugs that need fixing before it's released and pepone is working hard on it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I also guess it requires some free space...

What I recommend for the next release as well is that it deletes the files in the zip that have the graphics, and add the GFX inside it. That way it won't have to do it again (but give a warning somewhere that it messes up the romfile).

Back