Gmenux2

MajorShake

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
i dont understand what the problem is, i put autorun and the gmenu2x folder in my root directory on my sd card, and YES i have autoload turned on in my settings, and it never autoloads when i turn on my gp2x, i have to go into utilities and run it from there, and its really a pain, im being searching these forums for a couple hours tryin to find an answer to this problem, and havent found anything, help would be greatly appreciated as i love this program, way better than the standard menu anyways

This is really weird, it seems like quite a few people have trouble with getting autorun to work, despite following all the right steps. I have 2.1.1 myself and autorun works every time, so could the problem be caused by a slightly messed up firmware?

same problem for me. just upgraded to firmware 2.1.1, no problems with 2.0.

I solved a similar problem for a user on the Italian community and it turned out to be a partial firmware upgrade (or downgrade from 3.0), try reflashing the firmware.

hm. your right, the info screen still says 2.0.0. no change after reflashing. erm, well, maybe the wiki is right and my 1gb sandisk card is simply incompatible when upgrading from 2.0.0. although it says it's only incompatible when flashing from 2.0.0 to 2.0.0 .. :huh:

mison: Well if you upgraded to 2.1.1 and the Info says 2.0.0, then you forgot to run the .gpu file after the initial upgrade. That's the final patch. Why don't you give this another try?

well, that's what happens if you don't read wiki articles completely... :rolleyes:
works fine now!

thanks folks!

sam fisher said:
He hasn't made a directory on his SD card called "root" and put it in there instead, right?
well the thing is, no, i didnt do that, but when it didnt work, i upgraded to 3.0.0 FW and autorun ran fine, so i thought maybe it was a bad FW update, so i downgraded to 2.0.0 and tried it again, this time autoran worked, so then i upgraded the FW till i got 2.1.1 on there, and autorun didnt work again this time, so i went to 3.0.0 again and it worked, i didnt make any folder named root this whole time, if thats the problem though, or if it could be, then why would it work on 3.0.0 and 2.0.0 but not 2.1.1, because honestly id rather have 2.1.1 if i could :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
norm said:
Ryo said:
That's what happens when some company releases crappy and unfriendly firmware updates...
oh well, hopefully not to long till open2x is released :p

But there is no prove yet, if Open2X is better or faster or even more stable than the current Firmware. ^^""
I use 2.1.1 and Open2X really have to be a burner to turn me to change my Firmware. Lets see. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back