Gmenu2x Scanning Problem

purple_goat

Website
purplegoat25.deviantart.com
it seems everyone is loving gmenu2x, so naturally, i want some pie too.
i loaded up gmenu and applied the awesome carbon skin.
then scanned for apps and games and found alot but made not links!!

help?

(im using a 4gb 60x SD, and have TONS of homebrew)

purple_goat posted on Feb 7 2007 at 08:31 PM said:
it seems everyone is loving gmenu2x, so naturally, i want some pie too.
i loaded up gmenu and applied the awesome carbon skin.
then scanned for apps and games and found alot but made not links!!

help?

(im using a 4gb 60x SD, and have TONS of homebrew)

I find it easier to add links one at a time, this way I can edit the name of the link, and its description, and pick my own custom icon.

Last edited by a moderator:
purple_goat posted on Feb 8 2007 at 12:29 PM said:
but im to lazy.. is it really worth it?
i have no problem with the gph interface

It's worth it.

TelcoLou posted on Feb 9 2007 at 12:26 AM said:

It's worth it.

Listen to the man. Nobody should suffer the indignity of using the gph interface - its wrong on so many levels.
Everybody should try Gmenu2x, it only takes seconds to setup a link and you only have to do it once. If you use the built in gui you have to go through the process of finding the file you want everytime (and if you have an sd packed with stuff that can take quite a few clicks. Not to mention the fact that gmenu also allows you to specify overclocking and volume etc. on a per program basis.

ruckage posted on Feb 8 2007 at 04:50 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 9 2007 at 12:26 AM said:

It's worth it.

Listen to the man. Nobody should suffer the indignity of using the gph interface - its wrong on so many levels.
Everybody should try Gmenu2x, it only takes seconds to setup a link and you only have to do it once. If you use the built in gui you have to go through the process of finding the file you want everytime (and if you have an sd packed with stuff that can take quite a few clicks. Not to mention the fact that gmenu also allows you to specify overclocking and volume etc. on a per program basis.
Okeydokey..

Gmenu2x is simply overrated. I'm sure that it is ok for games and emulators, but if you primarily load music on a card, then it's useless. Plus, you have to configure each card separately! I'll just stick w/ GPH for music and movies.

alright!!! It took me 3 hours, but I got gmenu2x to work.
It's okay but waaaaay to buggy! I had to make a bunch of links through the computer because it stopped working on my 2x! <_<

I also hate generic icons, so it made a bunch of icons (they are pretty crappy but better than nothing!)
(download here)

RockOut posted on Feb 9 2007 at 12:32 AM said:
Gmenu2x is simply overrated. I'm sure that it is ok for games and emulators, but if you primarily load music on a card, then it's useless. Plus, you have to configure each card separately! I'll just stick w/ GPH for music and movies.

It's over-rated for you ... I use my '2X only for gaming, so it's perfect for me, so I win :)

And it's not buggy, purple_goat ... it's super-stable and it rocks. What specifically are you having issues with?

Yeah it's a major improvement if you use your 2X for gaming and opther applications. But if you mainly use it for movies and music then you won't gain much from the better application organisation and other functionality tha GMenu2X provides.

I think it's rocking personally!

TelcoLou posted on Feb 9 2007 at 01:32 PM said:
RockOut posted on Feb 9 2007 at 12:32 AM said:

It's over-rated for you ... I use my '2X only for gaming, so it's perfect for me, so I win :)

And it's not buggy, purple_goat ... it's super-stable and it rocks. What specifically are you having issues with?
Making links doesn't work! After I put in my game links (which worked) I went to emulator and attempted a link.. and nothing!

Making links doesn't work! After I put in my game links (which worked) I went to emulator and attempted a link.. and nothing!

That's un-possible! :p

What steps are you taking in your attempt to create a link?

RockOut posted on Feb 9 2007 at 06:32 AM said:

I'll leave to you users to decide if it's good or bad but you don't have to configure it separately for each sd card.
Put it on the nand area and edit autorun.gpu accordingly, and it'll work with all your sds...

TelcoLou posted on Feb 9 2007 at 03:35 PM said:

*presses select*>creating link in emulators>sd>emulators>genesis>picodrive.gpe>*presses B*

and... nothing! <_<

purple_goat posted on Feb 9 2007 at 09:44 PM said:

*presses select*>creating link in emulators>sd>emulators>genesis>picodrive.gpe>*presses B*

and... nothing! <_<

... so it just freezes, sitting there at the directory where the .gpe is located, unresponsive to any further button presses?

TelcoLou posted on Feb 9 2007 at 06:47 PM said:
purple_goat posted on Feb 9 2007 at 09:44 PM said:

and... nothing! <_<

... so it just freezes, sitting there at the directory where the .gpe is located, unresponsive to any further button presses?
no, it goes back to gmenu2x after I press B, but there is no new link :(

Finally, an answer that helps!

Ok, check this; how many icons do you already have set-up? Chances are, you created the link, but just don't see it.

I tested out this theory on my '2X ... I have it set up for 5 columns, 3 rows . this makes 15 visible icons (you can change this by pressing 'start' on gmenu's main screen) ... I next created another link .. it created it sure enough, but you need to navigate down a few times to see it (check the right side of the screen .. you should see a windows-like scroll bar .. this will tell you that there are more icons, but they're out of view)

... please try this out and respond back. :)

Back