GLBasic - new sub-category?

kaiserpc

Now that GLBasic works on the Pandora and can produce .pnd files (on a windows pc) any chance we can get a GLBasic subforum under "Development Section"

Is anyone else noticing the pnd's don't show up in minimenu, desktop OR menu? And it seems like media always has to be included along with the pnd. Am I doing something wrong?

No, I mentioned this on the official GLBasic forum as well. It's producing PND files but they aren't real PND files, they're just the executable with a .pnd extension. That's not how you create a PND file. They'll need to fix the code that produces the output but I'm not sure if anyone is paying attention right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheeky so-and-so's! Does that mean we can rename them .app or something and then use the standard way of making pnd's? That way they'll have the media included as well?

Agree with the sub-category.

Just got a Pandora (upgraded to premium) and I'm ready to pick up my game project where I left off years ago. Seeing as I've lost a lot of time to waiting, I'm going to be using GLBasic to make my game instead of trying to build my own engine so I can focus on the design. I've been using Corona to make iPhone programs and it's been nice not having to worry about the details.

I just bought a GLBasic Premium and for some reason my license isn't working in whatever the latest version is. I was wondering if anyone had a legacy version that might work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering, maybe I'm too young to have programmed much BASIC, but why is it so popular?

From what I've heard of it takes vastly longer to write something in BASIC than an equivalent program in python or something similar.

Is it the nostalgia factor or something I'm not getting?

BASIC languages are usually just easy and fast to learn as an absolute newcomer. I started with QBasic myself, after spending only a single hour with reading through tutorials and docs you can already get very far.

That's pretty much what I figured, I may give it a go at some point if I have some free time.

Back