Glbasic Needs The Sdk (Opengl Functions)

cybergenesis

Still Fresh
I am really interested in GLBasic.

Its a very good programming language, compatible with the GP2X Wiz. It has great potential to allow a lot of people to easily write fun and useful software for the Wiz.

However all its 3D graphics are software emulated. The developers of GLBasic urgently need the SDK so they can implement hardware accelerated 3D graphics.

I myself would like to muck around with such.

I really think this is an important step in the future success of this handheld. Hell many people already have one and love it, but I don't think the system has hit its peak potential yet.

Anyway, I am learning GLBasic, but don't want to muck around with its 3D until its hardware supported.

Why not post this on the suggestions board over at the glbasic forums as there is nothing we can do about this... But even if you do post on their forums, Gernot probably will not apply the sdk to glbasic because, afaik there is no english documentation and it hasn't even been confirmed that the sdk uses opengl and supports 3D...

The official SDK is a pack with the toolchain, SDL, OpenGL and the DGE engine. GPH published the Opengl-es Wiz library a year ago, this is all the programmers need to make 3D graphics. DGE is a framework to create games in C++ with sprites, fonts, sounds, music, etc very complex to integrate in GLBasic. I think that debug OpenGL code in a portable console can be a lot of work for the developer, but can be worth.

Back