Give Me Input For Indiegamemusic.com Improvements

mr_lou

Still Fresh
Website
www.dewfall.dk
Hy all

It's time to implement an improvement for IndieGameMusic.com. I want to add tags to the files there, and I need your suggestions to what tags there should be.

Currently, a musician can add a track. This track can be available in multiple fileformats, such as MIDI, MOD and/or MP3. See an example here.
The track itself is marked with a genre and some mood tags. This genre and the mood tags are therefor put on all files for the track also.
Now, what I want to do is to add additional tags for each file, and I've come up with the following suggestions so far:

"Chip music"
I want to remove "Chip tune" from the Genre box in the search form, and add this tag for each file instead. In the above example, only the XM and MP3 file is actual chip music, while MIDI and SMAF obviously can't be chip music.

"Optimized for filesize and compability on the JavaME platform"
One that would be really useful for JavaME developers. Used to only show MIDI files that are infact deliberately optimized for the JavaME platform. Other MIDI files may also work on the JavaME platform, but most likely wasn't intended to by the musician.

"Loop"
Tells whether the track loops or not. Useful for Flash developers who always wants mp3 files that does a smooth loop. Also useful when in search of MOD or XM files that loops infinitely. This tag will replace "Loop part" in the category box (which isn't visible at the moment because no musician has added a loop part).

Some other suggestions for tags:
"4-chan Protracker compatible MOD"
"Has vocals / lyrics"
"Instrumental"
"Acoustic music"

That's what I have so far. I'm very much interested in hearing from you game-developers what would be useful for you to search for. What do you think of the above suggestions? Useful or not? Do you have other suggestions for tags that'll make life easier for you when searching for music for your game?

Thanks for any input.

Back