GIF format for Wind-Ups?

liquidcross

Website
Visit site
I've been trying to make icons and desktops for Wind-Ups, but I'm not having any luck. I tried opening an existing desktop in MS Paint, then pasting over whatever image I wanted in order to keep the proper color palette (somebody on this board suggested it; I forget who). However, when I tried selecting the new image in Wind-Ups, it wouldn't work; it kept using the default desktop. :(

Can anyone help me out? I use Photoshop to make my new images, then copy them into MS Paint, as stated above.

I've heard people say to import palette's from backgrounds that work into photoshop. I wouldn't know however. When did you get your gp32? I'm still waiting on mine. Dang.

Bionic Bill posted on May 23 2003 said:
I've heard people say to import palette's from backgrounds that work into photoshop. I wouldn't know however. When did you get your gp32? I'm still waiting on mine. Dang.
I ordered mine from Play-Asia; it shipped out on the 14th, and it arrived yesterday (the 22nd). I'm near New York City.

Last edited by a moderator:
i've got the palette file right here, I'll give it too you if you want, along with a test background

Mine shipped the 14th too, and it didn't come in the mail today. Hmmm, I did get the cheapest shipping they had, how 'bout you? I suppose I'm just going to have to keep waiting.

Shrike posted on May 23 2003 said:
i've got the palette file right here, I'll give it too you if you want, along with a test background
Cool, for Photoshop? Refresh my memory on how to load it? :D

And I assume you can use this palette for icons too, yes?

Shrike posted on May 23 2003 said:
don't suppose you could send that to me as well please?

quicker way ... use a good paint program, open one of the default wind-ups backgrounds, click Save Palette...
Inc. colours to whatever
Clear the image
Make your new image (it'll be the same size)
Load Palette ... the one you saved
Save file as new :)

Rico posted on May 23 2003 said:
quicker way ... use a good paint program, open one of the default wind-ups backgrounds, click Save Palette...
Inc. colours to whatever
Clear the image
Make your new image (it'll be the same size)
Load Palette ... the one you saved
Save file as new :)
Tried that in Photoshop/Imageready. No dice.

well it's two clicks in PSP (Paint shop pro) and I expect Photoshop to be better :) I just think you don't know how to do it in Photoshop, the program is extremely confusing.

Rico posted on May 24 2003 said:
well it's two clicks in PSP (Paint shop pro) and I expect Photoshop to be better :) I just think you don't know how to do it in Photoshop, the program is extremely confusing.
Could be. Though I don't find Photoshop confusing at all...I did get a degree in graphic design. ;)

Back