Get A Free Gp2x (new York City Event)

Cervante

PS3 ID: Cervante1
Website
Visit site
Linux World Open Solutions Summit event is giving away free GP2X to anyone that signs up before January 19,2007. After you sign up you must attend the time and date given to you either by email or registration confirmation. I used my professors promotion code so I have one reserved, everyone else is first come first served.

http://www.linuxworldsummit.com/live/14/ev...YC07A//CC183342

when im done with work & classes Ill post scans of the flyer my professor got in the mail.

Damn they should do that on the west coast. This is still good though because it means more tech nerd type of people to come to the scene and less "what site do i get roms from" type of people.

It's big news because it means everyone in the conference will get a GP2X. That's a lot of GP2Xs sold in one go. Let's say it's a small conference with 3000 people. That increases the ammount of GP2Xes sold by 10% if 30,000 have already been sold.

darn it, i had my flight booked and everything. :p

though this is good news for the gp2x i guess. might get a wave of confrence newb's.

i look forward to that.

sensible GP32 posted on Dec 8 2006 at 09:12 AM said:
darn it, i had my flight booked and everything. :p

though this is good news for the gp2x i guess. might get a wave of confrence newb's.

i look forward to that.
Thankfully if they're attending a linux conference they wont be THAT noobish

*wipes forehead*

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, there could be a lot of people who think they are all 1337 h4xx0rz in Linux, and have their rich parents pay for their petty souls to go to the conference, and get a gp2x, and have a massive influx of those people, but at $995 its probably more of a corporate environment with big name Linux devs, who in toying around with it, could probably fix the firmware completely lol.

hmmm.... so thats how open source companys make money..... :rolleyes:

still cool tho.... (even tho the 2x is probably included in the 995)

Cervante posted on Dec 7 2006 at 02:40 PM said:
Linux World Open Solutions Summit event is giving away free GP2X to anyone that signs up before January 19, 2006....

I guess we're all a little late. . . by, like, Idunno a YEAR!!! :rolleyes:

:lol: heh. . . at least it was good for a laugh.

FusionSamus posted on Dec 8 2006 at 02:18 PM said:
Cervante posted on Dec 7 2006 at 02:40 PM said:
Linux World Open Solutions Summit event is giving away free GP2X to anyone that signs up before January 19, 2006....

I guess we're all a little late. . . by, like, Idunno a YEAR!!! :rolleyes:

:lol: heh. . . at least it was good for a laugh.
The original poster made a typo is all.

http://www.linuxworldsummit.com/live/14/ev...YC07A//CC183342

- Alex

i mean why else would you pay 1 grand to get in? for a t-shirt and some stickers?

Back