General Praise For Mame...

gamefan999

I just want to say a big thank you to the bloke who ported MAME to our beloved GP2X, it is giving me countless hours of real pleasure and gaming satisfaction. I absolutely LOVE the flipping/stretching/shrinking feature, so easily done by pressing the R+L buttons! That totally makes any game completely authentic and accessible, what a simple yet great feature.

Having said that, I would love to have a little more features in the GUI, namely, a "Favorites" list (a must have, if no other); the ability to sort by genre, manufacturer, etc (like MAME32 has); and - dreaming? - screenshots for each title.

Thaks again to the GP programming community, you make it what it is!!! (So glad Beats of Rage and it's 1,000 tedious clones are not the only fare available for our sweet machines, ;^)

Don't think twice, request !!!

I'll agree with the basic output of this topic and also say that all Emulators, homebrew, and just about everything else reminds me of my times on Amiga, in a much more open world, thanks to everyone that makes it even half possible. B)

The gui that your are dreaming for is available for the gp32 version of MAME, but hasn't been ported to the gp2x version. It wasn't made by franxis, but another community member. It had pictures for every game, and you could sort the games in any way you could ever imagine (it was largely customizable).

I would also love it if this was brought to the gp2x.

Back