GemRB 0.8.0 bg1 fails (GUI Script Engine missing error)

great, it works, thanks allot.

Next will be bg2, as the gog complete version did'nt work, now i will test under zaxxon 1.60...

have a nice evening,

Baumharz

Hi,

Baldurs Gate 2 from GOG doesn't do anything. The first generated Logfile is not changed when trying to launch. Icewinddale 1 the same (also GOG).

Planescape Torment starts. Now trying Icewind Dale 2 ...

Greetings,

Baumharz

PST has bluescreen in game, BG2 i tested to copy all files to bg2/Data - no result, iwd the same

Baumharz

The IWD problem night be related to a bug in the font configuration file. I'm away from my gemrb repository with a workaround for another week, will post details later.

Hi everyone,

I just played bg1 from start. I changed to 800x480 and installed thereafter the gui ... it worked, but only till first fight: Then the text in the textbox is from that point off only one word in one line. It doesn't switch back. And when i talk to a person later with options to chose i don't even see the options. In the version now available no game is playable ... and i just startetd to play them, as i missed the whole serie on pc ... now i play on pc ...

I checked with fresh copy from pc to pandora without switch to gui (only 800x480 patch) : the same. Fresh copy without changes and 640x480: the same. Graphics and gameplay are great, sounds are ok, but the text is a big bug...

have a nice day,

Baumharz

Sorry, i had the wrong version, with this, its running and text ok.

Thx for help.

Greetings

Baumharz

I was misremembering with iwd, the fix is for pst and prevents a crash in the journal. But the config included with the PND for iwd is wrong, at least for both my install from German original disks and the English GOG version.

The GamePath entries should look more like

CD1=./iwd/
CD2=./iwd/CD2/
CD3=./iwd/CD3/

The blue screen is an indication of not finding the resources.

The GOG version did create an incompatible Cache directory that had to be deleted for gemrb to start.

Back