Gb/gbc Emu Status?

washo

Washo 4 evr
Website
Visit site
Hello,
I would like to have some informations about GBc emu
It seems that ZIP support isnt OK, and no new version for a while
If I remember correctly GBc emulation was far from being perfect (anyway, it can always be better)
I'm not critisizing coders because I can't code anything...(except a few Visual C++)

thanks

see you :lol:

Wolfsclaw posted on Aug 31 2006 at 06:01 PM said:
erm? zip support is perfect, and the emulation speed is perfect. I dont get it...

It is? The emu will not recognize any of my zip files. I haven't been using this emu because zip support is critical for memory card space and I have alot of ROMs. Maybe there was a new release?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, my fault, i just checked my SD and noticed my roms were unzipped ;) but whatever, the speed is very good for me. There was also a next beta released some time ago which fixed the flickering lines and added automatic sram-saving i think (?) but theres no official new version.

i wish that the sound emulation in gnuboy was better. however, this is an issue with all versions of gnuboy, not just the gp2x version.

i realize my sound concerns are above and beyond the average users emulation needs ... i make techno on my gameboy using the littleSoundDj software. you can purchase a license and you get access to the roms ... but there is no emulator good enough on gp2x to play it! on my desktop (linux) i use visualBoyAdvance and that sounds good!

Shikaku posted on Aug 31 2006 at 05:16 PM said:
iignotus posted on Aug 31 2006 at 05:11 PM said:
hackgrid posted on Aug 31 2006 at 02:39 PM said:
Uhhhhhhh link's dead <_<

I bet you it was working then when K-Teto noticed it was getting bandwidth it was deleted. That is SUPPOSED to be a private beta =/
How does that help me? You can't just have a private beta laying around for months. Usually betas mean that actual progress is being made on the program...

Would anyone be kind enough to upload it to somewhere that works? At least I can have zips and less flickering.

MWAHAHAHAHA!
I just renamed the file to gnuboy2x_07_testing.zip.hide, because i'm a bitch, it's ok now.
Yeah, i know i'm bad, the download link works again XD

K-teto posted on Aug 31 2006 at 06:00 PM said:
MWAHAHAHAHA!
I just renamed the file to gnuboy2x_07_testing.zip.hide, because i'm a bitch, it's ok now.
Yeah, i know i'm bad, the download link works again XD
Que raro... :unsure:

Ok ok, now seriously, the emulator is not abandoned nor dead, i've been busy for the last few months, but i'm returning to my normal life in a couple of weeks, and i'll resume my work where i left it, expect full zip support and new features, a rewritten gui with new graphics and new system (specially for savestates :rolleyes: ) and some improvements.

EDIT: i forgot to say that zip oly works for files less than 2Mb for now, it was a quick implementation, pretty hack-ish, so, don't expect it to work with every rom.

Back