Gamestm '100 Greatest Games'

TwoHeadedBoy

Website
Visit site
GamesTM magazine have published their list of the 100 Greatest Retro Games In The World Ever or something like, in two parts. This month's issue has 50-1, whilst last month had 100-51. I'm not really in a position to spend £4 on 30 pages of a magazine at the moment, so would anyone be able to publish the whole list? I like lists, it'd be nice to compare it to my list of the 100 Best Games Ever...

(by the way, everyone feel free to post their own lists too, I'll get my one up here shortly)

Elite had better be number one!!!

With Melbourne house's The Hobbit in the top ten...

But Games TM is an okay magazine, so it could be something sensible. The problem is that it will be the 'general favourite', not your individual favourite. And the game that most people have played etc.

FFVii must be in there too.

virusx posted on Apr 6 2006 at 12:59 AM said:
On the forum they said it's Mario Kart.

I wouldn't have any arguments with that. It wouldn't be my #1, but like lubidog said it's a general poll so it's not so much '100 greatest games' as '100 most popular games'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only person that absolutely despises elite? I have it on amiga, and you can't understand the damn game without reading the manual which is, no word of a lie, as big as the lord of the rings trilogy.

Goity posted on Apr 6 2006 at 07:56 PM said:
Am I the only person that absolutely despises elite? I have it on amiga, and you can't understand the damn game without reading the manual which is, no word of a lie, as big as the lord of the rings trilogy.

That's agood thing. Didcourages piracy...

skysnapper posted on Apr 6 2006 at 09:01 PM said:
Never had any problems playing without the naual on my amiga .. as i never had the manual :p

...though, maybe not enough. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought apart from the missile targrtting everthing else was straight forward, apart from the whole docking thing, but then I'm a natural what can I say.

quick oolite promo http://oolite.aegidian.org/

Mario Kart as the greatest game of all time can't be right I can name at least 10 better *retro* games than that without batting an eyelid.

Yeah, I had a flick through in the shops, and Mario Kart is indeed Numero Uno (sorry, I'm going to Spain at the weekend, just getting into the spirit of things). Suppose it is more of a general 'most popular' list though, I couldn't find Pocky & Rocky in there anywhere...

I don't even know this mag !
And in the official forum they said it's a reader's vote.
So I bet that their readers are Mario Kart's fans :p
I like MK, but I wouldn't make it first.
Even on their forum peoples are getting mad about that. :lol:

it was split into 2 parts, I got the top 100-51

starting from 100 down to 51

Chuckie Egg
Bombjack
Vib Ribbon
Last Ninja 2
Perfect Dark
Pac Man
Stunt Car Racer
Resident Evil
Wave Race 64
Fir Pro Wrestling D
Pirates!
Vandal Hearts
Crazy Taxi
Defender
Atic Atac
Guardian Heroes
Skool Daze
DoDonPachi
Ridge Racer
Pokemon Red/Blue
Knightlore
Uridium
Streets of Rage
DK Country
Shinobi
Jet Set Will
Link's Awakening
F-Zero
Final Fight
Final Fanatsy Tactics
Chrono Trigger
Asteroids
Boulder Dash
Super Castlevania IV
Frontier
Space Harrier
Rainbow Islands
Kung Fu Master
Phanatsy Star Online
Wonder Boy III
Final Fantasy VI
Jet Set Radio (DAMN STRAIGHT)
Street Fighty 3
Head over Heels
Starcraft
Sensible Soccer
Space Invaders
Majora's Mask
Sonic The Hedgehog

quite clear Zelda gonna come out tops with this, undoubtedly 2 more Zelda titles at least will be mentioned.

Interesting, I mean, that Vib Ribbony thingy in the top 100? Blimey!

But thanks for typing all that in!

Quite a mix of games there. And Vib Ribbon rules. Didn't like Crazy Taxi all that much. Thanks for typing it up.

Back