Gamescom 2019

I had kind of hoped for a group photo of all of the Pyra prototypes assembled at Gamescom. How many got built? How are they working?

I built four, one even with the logo and this one goes to ToastBucket so he can work on the drivers.

It was a bit too crowded in the booth, so building them wasn't that much fun, as the parts were all in one big box and there was a lot of other stuff to take care of, but I've already continued with everything at home.

My wife will be in Florida next week, so I have 24/7 time to work on that.

The production of the first PCBs can start middle of September, btw, everything will be there then.
Then we just need to finish the case, the logo, packaging, etc. and it's time to ship.

I'm planning for the full production sometimes end of October maybe and the preorder-prototypes should go out early September.

What was especially nice is that everyone who held the Pyra in his / her hands (even if they never heard of it) said that it's very comfortable to hold and the keyboard is very nice to use.
That's a good thing :D

BTW: I tried the SmachZ. It feels pretty nice (reminds me of the Lynx 1 :D), but at the moment the analog trackpads don't work that well (at least in my opinion).
Moving the finger slowly often showed no reaction (or the movement hung) and moving it faster makes things inaccurate.
If they are able to fix it, it seems to be a nice Windows handheld.

Here some pictures to illustrate the "Pyra workshop" conditions...
DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

This includes the first 500 Pyras.

Thanks for the updates again, and yet again, for all the hard work :) Great to hear positive feedback from new users, and I'm so looking forward to the eventual influx of user videos.

My only concern now is if I might be able to receive a Pyra before late November, or if there's a risk of me missing it while I'm away on holiday. My guess is that it will be closer to the end of the year or early next year as I doubt I'll be in amongst the first batch.

If I remember correctly: you could just order after your holiday tour, so you can receive your Pyra when you ready to do this, you only dit Preeorder, so you need to make the final order where you use your voucher and the rest of the payment....

It’s pretty awesome:
Also in November i will have my Vacations, so it will fit exactly to get my Pyra then..

How would one know their order number/position? (Even if it's a rough estimate given cancellations etc)

Well the first 200 pretty easy because they got a unpopulatet Dummyboard whit a Signature and the Number, but after this ?? I don’t know..
„Whats your Ordernumber? „ (ach ja, good Old Insiders)

So this means for me: my PCB sits on the Shelf since mid September, and the you start the whole production End of Oktober and my Pyra will then be shipped..
Awesome

@EvilDragon does the modem need any work done? I remember someone mentioning the connection time is pretty slow for the modem, but I haven’t seen it for myself. If so, does my dev unit have a modem installed?

@EvilDragon does the modem need any work done? I remember someone mentioning the connection time is pretty slow for the modem, but I haven’t seen it for myself. If so, does my dev unit have a modem installed?

There are two versions of the mobile data modem - Europe and US. Here's to hoping you not only got one, but got the US spec version.

Back