Gamescom 2019

img_20190820_164903864-jpg.32977
I like the two-tone Pyra, it looks quite smart.
It's a lion!

I am wondering, how many final Pyra models have been assembled? Or were these all just prototypes? It seems like the Pyra is almost finished, so could it be that the final units get shipped to regular pre-orderers within this year?

Not to rush anyone, I could wait until next year, but I want to know!

I am wondering, how many final Pyra models have been assembled? Or were these all just prototypes? It seems like the Pyra is almost finished, so could it be that the final units get shipped to regular pre-orderers within this year?

Not to rush anyone, I could wait until next year, but I want to know!
All parts are ordered I think. Some units are now made for testing. So September the cases are produced. But you never know what pops-up.
Software has to be made also, but that will happen after release to.
It’s done when it’s done.

I want the two tone version too if possible.
I was at GamesCom as well. Maybe it’s just me, but I got the impression that the black color (while looking great) felt a little cheaper than the „default“ grey parts. I don’t know how to describe it.. the kind of plain material where your hands get pretty sweaty after holding it for just a little while.

Reactions: rSl
I was at GamesCom as well. Maybe it’s just me, but I got the impression that the black color (while looking great) felt a little cheaper than the „default“ grey parts. I don’t know how to describe it.. the kind of plain material where your hands get pretty sweaty after holding it for just a little while.
The black ones are from the old plastic company and the grey ones are from @azouls
Maybe they use better materials.

The black ones are from the old plastic company and the grey ones are from @azouls
Maybe they use better materials.
I see, didn’t realize that. That’s a big relief, I was afraid that adding color to the base material would change the feel of it significantly.
Just from the pictures, the grey ones also look cheap due the colour. It should be a much darker grey at least.
But that’s just the „raw“ material without any color pallets, isn’t it? Might be possible to get a darker grey. Anyway it feels much better than it looks, I was actually pretty impressed. I mean yes, you can see that the build quality isn’t as perfect as it is with devices of big companies like Nintendo, but I never expected that.
@Askarus told me not to run away with the Pyras in my hands :D Maybe he saw the shining in my eyes after holding a Pyra for the first time.

thanks askarus for the heapload of images!

is this ed, on his way back to ingolstadt?
img_20190824_111426-jpg.33172

This year I got up early the last 3 days and entered the Gamescom one hour before the others came in.
It was nice to walk through the empty halls.
And I could try out whatever I wanted, because I was the first one :)
The upcoming Nintendo games are great.
Spyro, Trials of Mana, Darksiders Genesis. I Liked those.

I had kind of hoped for a group photo of all of the Pyra prototypes assembled at Gamescom. How many got built? How are they working?

Back