Game & Watch Mario Bros For Gp2x

zarkok

Still Fresh
I have created a Game & Watch Mario Bros MW-56 edition for the GP2X using Game Editor.
This is my first game for this system.

You can download the game here:

http://zarkok.iespana.es/Index.html

Enjoy it!

[cut]
[FULL POST]
Hi, I am Zarkok and I want publish my first game for GP2X. If webmasters can, I´d like to see it in the news of this great web.

I have created a Game & Watch Mario Bros MW-56 edition for the GP2X using Game Editor.
This is my first game for this system.

You can download the game here:

http://zarkok.iespana.es/Index.html

Enjoy it!

SOURCE: Zarkok[/cut]

wow this is great, and a total blast from th e past .. well done Zarkok! Definitely a fun one to add to the gp2x for a little nostalgia ..

Excellent idea! I haven't played it (I am working my my "super GP2x mod" at the moment; but would like it if you could add the other Game and Watch games to your suite - cool! These are great, short games. How about Snoopy Tennis (I used to own this about 25-30 years ago), Popeye, Fire and the many others??

I too am fond of the original versions available in the various "Game & Watch Gallery" games for the Gameboy. The advantage of this particular version though is that the backdrops are in colour as opposed to the Gameboy's grey-tones. It makes things much more strikingly accurate, I think.

Very well done.

Now that there's been something made with it, it's time to read more about this 'Game Editor'.

what i would like to see is a remake of the zelda watch. which i thought was a lot better then the zelda game & watch as it had a top down view and was more of a dungeon crawl. the biggest problem with the game was the fact it was on a watch lol.

@zarkok: Would it be possible for you to compile the free-avaible Game Editor games for the gp2x? that woulda be great!

tmb_ayebe posted on Sep 18 2006 at 01:50 PM said:
Damn, I can't download it! Have Nintendo sued already?

You're having the same problem I am, I can't view the page either. Use an anonymous proxy (tons of free ones) to get a hold of it. Here's a direct link, hopefully it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was thinking about bypassing this thread n download...

then i decided to check out webby and omg! Its the first gaming piece of hardware i ever owned replicated for gp2x!!!

Used to play this like mad, sometimes with my sis...each of us using 1 of the red up and down pad controls.

Excellent idea, thanks!!!

:.)

Wow, loving the game. Very neatly done I must say. Love this game. Would be nice to have more of those Game and Watch like games.

jaesond posted on Sep 18 2006 at 08:51 PM said:
tmb_ayebe posted on Sep 18 2006 at 01:50 PM said:
Damn, I can't download it! Have Nintendo sued already?

You're having the same problem I am, I can't view the page either. Use an anonymous proxy (tons of free ones) to get a hold of it. Here's a direct link, hopefully it works.

Thanks man, the direct link works a treat!

@zarkok, the problem I was having is that the link here takes me to the game's web page, but the link on that page marked "DOWNLOAD THE GAME HERE' simply refreshes the page. I am using Firefox 1.5.0.7 on Fedora Core 5 if it helps...

Anyway, I've got the game now, so I'm alright, Jack. :)

Ok - just tried it out - awesome job dude! It's very authentic, very retro, very cool! :)

Wolfsclaw posted on Sep 18 2006 at 09:49 AM said:
@zarkok: Would it be possible for you to compile the free-avaible Game Editor games for the gp2x? that woulda be great!

Just a note about this: all demo versions of games will not compile with the Full version, and therefore it is impossible to get it to work on the GP2X...

Nice game, but it only appears to be 2 player, am I right, or is there a player vs computer mode?

Please keep on developing, some of the G&W games were quite good, and still playable - eg Fire, Popeye, Snoopy Tennis.

bacteria posted on Sep 29 2006 at 11:42 AM said:
Nice game, but it only appears to be 2 player, am I right, or is there a player vs computer mode?

Please keep on developing, some of the G&W games were quite good, and still playable - eg Fire, Popeye, Snoopy Tennis.

The game is to balance the movements of the two guys with your left and right hands, tricky once it gets going, rather than a two-player game. :)

I too would love to see a set of these games built up, I used to have a few knock-offs of this type of game when I was little, one involving Koalas and leaves I think.

Back