Game Gear Emulation

karmaKid

Still Fresh
I'm up for emulating my old Game Gear when I get my F200. Anyone know if there is an emulator and ROMS around somewhere??

rokdcasbah said:
emulator: alexkidd, also drmdx. roms: can't ask for them on the boards but google is your friend.
Thanks very much... didn't think I'd get much change out of a ROMS question, but I couldn't find any through my 'usual' sources!

Last edited by a moderator:
remember most gamegear games are also on the master system, as they are basically the same system. (with the obvious changes)

Hey, while we're on the topic of the Game Gear, has anyone noticed that music and sound effects are played slightly faster in Alexkidd2x than on an actual Game Gear?

I ran the US version of Sonic 2 simultaneously on my 2X and on my actual GG, and after about ten seconds the introduction music on Alexkidd2x was a tad ahead (like one or two seconds ahead) of the introduction music on the GG.

Just curious whether anyone else had noticed.

Mr. Ksoft said:
Hey, while we're on the topic of the Game Gear, has anyone noticed that music and sound effects are played slightly faster in Alexkidd2x than on an actual Game Gear?

I ran the US version of Sonic 2 simultaneously on my 2X and on my actual GG, and after about ten seconds the introduction music on Alexkidd2x was a tad ahead (like one or two seconds ahead) of the introduction music on the GG.

Just curious whether anyone else had noticed.
Try on 50 Hz (PAL).

Last edited by a moderator:
This is weird, because I just got into playing all my great game gear classics on my gp2x today! Here are some things that are leading me to put my GG and games on Ebay :D

1. The screen quality is so bright and clear. I can see everything! Also, the ghosting on the GG is unbearable after playing Alex kid 2x :eek:

2. The battery life. Wheras I need 6 batteries to power the gg, I can power this thing longer with 2 recharchable batteries.

3. The system is slim and compact compared to the huge GG.

4. There are two speakers on the gp2x whereas the gg only has one and sounds in mono...

5. Not having to deal with the clutter of a GG on the go, keeping track of all those game cartridges.

Conclusion: The GG is impracticle as a gaming system to purchase for authentic feel. The screen is terrible. No point in buying one off ebay. GP2x all the way! :)

Gamegear emulator is amazing on gp2x it is highly recommened to have this.
Sonic 2 was easy on master system and hard on game gear also the boss music were different in both versions.

You can always check your PM Inbox ;) for some more info.

On ROMs that is :D

Back