Fundamentl Question

shay0

Still Fresh
This is probably detailed somewhere that I've missed and I'll apologise now if I should know better, but I've changed the original skin for a custom one. Now I want to upgrade the firmware (currently 1.0.1) to run Movies and the PSX emulator, so how do I revert back to the original skin to do the firmware upgrade?

wiggythebrave posted on Feb 8 2006 at 09:16 PM said:
I believe a lot of people had failed upgrades when using different skins. It's easy enough to change back so you may as well revert to the default just to be on the safe side.

download this:
http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,52,861

Unzip, and put files from imgall onto sd then run imgall.gpu. Well thats how I did it and it worked.
Thanks for the quick and positive response, its appreciated. I must admit, reading the nfo files about the firmware upgrades, they say the original skin is needed. Pity I didn't read them before I started messing about :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, when I updated to 1.2.0, it was recommended that you revert to the default skin, and I read about some bad things that happened when the default skin wasn't installed beforehand. Although, I don't believe it was anything DJW's unbricking guide couldn't remedy.

Anyway, installing the default skin might not apply to 1.2.1 and/or the alternative 1.2.1 updater. I know I would install the default skin just to be safe.

Back