Full 1080p?

finty

what is this
Website
Visit site
So I'm in the market for a 60 inch flat screen and this one seems to be the best deal, but is it full HD? If not is there a similarly priced one that is 1080p in the same price range? (£1500 - £2000)

This whole HD thing is really confusing, too many different standards...

finty said:
but is it full HD? If not is there a similarly priced one that is 1080p in the same price range? (£1500 - £2000)
I'm afraid it isn't, also to get a comparison of similar TVs i'd ask here.

Last edited by a moderator:
finty said:
Ordered a 1080p 60" LG 60PF95.

Time to invest in a PS3 I think :D.
Lovely idea. May I suggest Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Warhawk (£19.99 on psn, or about £30 in stores with generic BT headset), and if you like RPGs Enchanted Arms.

You're gonna need to sit 12 - 15 feet away from a screen that big. I hope your leads are long enough :) ... Or the room big enough for that matter.

Why would you have to sit that far away?

The screen is centred infront of a couch around 10 feet away, so I don't think I will have a problem.

I'm just going by viewing distances for 60 inch screen. Seems people recommend 12 - 15 feet. A 60 inch screen is really big. Could be like sitting in the front seats at the cinema. You can watch but it's hard to take everything in. Hope I'm wrong tbh :(

EDIT: Just had a quick trawl about and opinion seems divided on viewing distances. THX would suggest abot 6 feet from a 60 inch TV :blink: eek! other sites mentioned 3-6 times the tv size in distance so now I haven't got a clue so just ignore me :)

Heh, my living room is big enough to sit 20 feet away, so I guess I'm lucky. I think sitting that distance away would kind of defeat the purpose of having a 60 inch TV lol.

I'm more excited about HD movies TBH, I haven't been that interested in gaming over the last year or so.

BaDToaD said:
I'm just going by viewing distances for 60 inch screen. Seems people recommend 12 - 15 feet. A 60 inch screen is really big. Could be like sitting in the front seats at the cinema. You can watch but it's hard to take everything in. Hope I'm wrong tbh :(

EDIT: Just had a quick trawl about and opinion seems divided on viewing distances. THX would suggest abot 6 feet from a 60 inch TV :blink: eek! other sites mentioned 3-6 times the tv size in distance so now I haven't got a clue so just ignore me :)
I suppose that it depends on if you want to watch a tv or a tennis match. :p

Trooper

Back