Freelancer (space opera) on Pyra with Exagear + Wine?

Faust

Very Active Member
Hi guys,

I know that for now we cannot be really sure about Pyra's capacities right now, some more we don't have 3D drivers and this game will need it, but I was wondering if Freelancer would be playable trough Exagear + Wine. Maybe that someone that experienced Exagear + Wine on Pyra can share his personnal though?

Last edited:
He prob mean for someone with a devboard to try it... Mine is out of commission at the moment.

He prob mean for someone with a devboard to try it... Mine is out of commission at the moment.
Yeah you right, that's exactly what I meant.

From what I read, Freelancer needs 500ghZ processor as minimum system requirement, as it's close to Neverwinter Night's one, I would really love to enjoy it. I think it's one of the best space opera ever made, even if there is some failure.

Woo, 500GHz!

1-21-gigawatts.jpg

If the system requirements are that similar to NWN, you might want to check out Trashy's old video about that:

So yes, could be possible, space operas are often quite low on system requirements as the backgrounds are just wallpapers or black without rendered enviroments, but this is no insurance at all - it has to be played on an actual unit to know for sure, as every game behaves differently on an emulator and WINE. Just look at PS2 emulators, the games all have the same system requirements, but some are rendered extremely smooth while others don't work at all, eventhough the graphics are more or less the same.

Sorry 500MHz, Neverwinter Night is 450MHz
Neverwinter Nights is 2D right?
Maybe i can try the Demoversion on the Pandora :)

3D Games and Exagear+Wine arent realy working for now.
Some Users experimentet a bit with GLXGears but not with Windows Games.
Even the Unreal Tournament Videos where made with the LinuxX86 Version.

Do there exist a LinuxVersion of Freelancer?
I wanted to play XBeyondTheFrontier and Descent3 too :)

One User postet in the Exagear Thread a nice howto for running 3D LinuxX86 Games.
That i must try out these Days :D

But..moment..is there not a LinuxX86 Version of NeverwinterNights?
(Renember the older Lokiversions)

Currently glshim doesn't work with Wine so you cannot run 3D windows apps with Exagear+Wine.

Neverwinter Nights is 2D right?
Maybe i can try the Demoversion on the Pandora :)

3D Games and Exagear+Wine arent realy working for now.
Some Users experimentet a bit with GLXGears but not with Windows Games.
Even the Unreal Tournament Videos where made with the LinuxX86 Version.

Do there exist a LinuxVersion of Freelancer?
I wanted to play XBeyondTheFrontier and Descent3 too :)

One User postet in the Exagear Thread a nice howto for running 3D LinuxX86 Games.
That i must try out these Days :D

But..moment..is there not a LinuxX86 Version of NeverwinterNights?
(Renember the older Lokiversions)

I don't think it will works on Pandora, it's too demanding, some more it's in 3D.

I don't think there is a Linux version of Freelancer neither, as far as I remember this game was released by Microsoft, but it seems to work well through wine on Linux computer.

Thanks Ingoreis, I'm always interested to see more about exagear + wine on pandora

About Neverwinter Night I think it exists a x86 Linux version.

Last edited:
Maybe Wine with 3D work fine when Exagear 3D X86 is working and i compile wine fresh inside exagear with the right Exports before :D

Btw..do anyone know there is an Software Renderer in Freelancer?

Back