Free Loader...(haha)

adrifter

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
ok... I am a newbie here... but... ive been having some issues... and I am hoping you can help me out.

I ordered the FLU unit from Lik Sang because I am going home to the states on the 21st and wanted to show off this cool little unit to my game crazy younger brother... (figured I would sell it to him... and then take the profits and buy the new BLU unit when its availible on LIK Sang which reportedly will NOT need a registration....)

well... anyway... i go to www.gamepark.com which is in Korean... but click the link for the english site.... and its down.... is this normal?

well... not one to be easily discouraged i checked at joyGP and registered there... no problems... and was able to find the PC link and the USB drivers... but apparently the authentication systems are not connected to the GamePark system... and they dont offer the free launcher that I need to emulate etc....

so i check out some facts... some reviews.... and they all keep pointing me to the english registration site which doesnt work.... so no luck there.... then on the Gp32emu site... i find a faq which points out the IRC option.... so i download the reader... get my units number.... then download the IRC software and try to join the #GP32 group.... but I cant figure out how.... i got a list... and the only option in the #G area was something like #giggles... whatever the hell that is....

so... now im looking here for a little assistance.... can you help me out?

Also....has gamepark basically just chucked its english support? or am I just on hold for a day or two? I was playing around.... and kind of stumbled into an english language area of the Gamepark website at

http://www.gp32.com/English/Games/games.html

but its not very useful.... no way to link up to the registration... or download anything other than the PC link...

so....would any of the users who know Korean want to help publish a translation of the korean registration page? It would be easy with just a basic paint program.... i would just put in new text over a picture that looks like the korean language registration page....explaining exactly what line of it is asking for... if i had the translations...it would take about 10 minutes to make... and upload... and might be another nice resource for others in similar circumstances who look to this group for help....

I dont know what else to do.... i know the loader needs to be encrypted with a number specific to my unit... so i wont bother asking someone to mail it to me.... but I REALLY REALLY want to play with it... not just LOOK at it...

ya know?

thanks.... sorry its a book....

david

PS... If you would provide a copy of any suggestions to the email portion... it would be greatly appreciated.... though..... it is obviously your decision.... thanks again...

what he means is. there's a second way to get the freelauncher.

grab an irc client like www.mirc.com

and connect to a random EFNet server.

then join #gp32, there you can get the freelauncher.

i did this somewhen, but have forgotten how it works (something about first downloading a programm and checking your gp32 number then typing that in a script or something).

just ask there.

Thanks a lot guys.... you responded a lot faster than i had expected... i appreciate that... especially dozer.... you seem to have made 2 or 3 posts already.... when most groups ignore new guys completely.... or just reply once to be polite...

as for that guide.... yep... thats the one i saw.... so... I am probably just as dumb as the last time i used it.... so I doubt I am going to avoid the same mistakes I made last time....

I actually have my PDUID.... if someone was willing to use it to send me the files i would be very greatful...

otherwise... I am going to need more specific instructions about how to log on to efnet servers... apparently that is where I am getting confused...

I downloaded the irc client mentioned in one of the responses from micr....

Thanks again guys.... you seem to be really helpful...

If you cant figure out how to use it, post your PDUID and i'll get it for you.

how long am I supposed to wait for this link to my file? Ive been waiting ten minutes... am i being impatient.... or did I make another silly mistake?

EDIT: you should here some beeps, and it will come up in the bground as #gp32dev

Back