Free Gp Cinema Problem

dizzytheegg

Still Fresh
When I even highlight an avi using gpcinema my gp32_console resets itself. I'm using the new firmware and it has been correctly coded using virtualdub 1.4.13.
I have no clue what I'm doing wrong can anybody please help me? oh and btw i put the avi in a subdirectory of gpmm called gpcinema. Could that have anything to do with it?

sound could be set to too high a Hz try dropping it down to 11,050. Are you using DivX 4.12? MP3 sound? too high a framerate? Wrong frame size etc...

cheers ill try again coding i suppose. I cant even highlight the file to press play without the machine rebooting which i find rather odd. Everybody else says that it reboots when they press play. i simply press down and it reboots. has anyone else had this problem?

dizzytheegg posted on May 13 2004 at 07:39 PM said:
cheers ill try again coding i suppose. I cant even highlight the file to press play without the machine rebooting which i find rather odd. Everybody else says that it reboots when they press play. i simply press down and it reboots. has anyone else had this problem?
You should download gpcinema one more time and replace the programm on your GP32. As the gpcinema.fxe file is not compressed at all (I mean zip, rar, bz2 or whatever, not GP32 fxe compression), if you download it you cannot be sure that it is not corrupted.

Last edited by a moderator:
dizzytheegg posted on May 13 2004 at 06:39 PM said:
Everybody else says that it reboots when they press play. i simply press down and it reboots. has anyone else had this problem?
Yeah I've had the same problem. GPCinema is very fussy about the coding. AFAIK it has to be DIVX 4.12 or XVID (Koepi build) and MP3 at 11025, 22500, or 44100.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,
why don't we make a step by step guide and tools section on GP32X for avi to XviD/DivX conversion now that GPCinema has been released for free? I took a look around and see differents methods, but someone wrote it for MovePark, for PalmOS....

We should have a section with rights software versions to download, and screenshots to giude the users.. B) kewl

Later,
Alessandro

Back