Forum Replies Broken

klapse

Central Scrutinizer
What happened to the forum? Replies now show different tags and these are broken. Did the software get updated or reconfigured?

the "different tags" are people attempting to cobble up their own HTML frames, but the code isn't compiling. As far as the actual one, I have no idea

yes, it was updated, and it seems rather broken...

I just hope they didn't just update it for useless assisted feature like +1 and such... the old one was pretty good

Whats the world for it? Excecute? Like I noted in my thread, I am not a programmer

And yes, I know, HTML is a markup language, not a programming language. Save me your elitist bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Invision Power team fixed it.
It's not really fixed, for instance:
  • If there's a [ as well as a ] character in a quote, the quote can break. Try:
    Code:
    [quote name="EvilDragon" post="208823" timestamp="1356094608]
    Invision Power team fixed it [the quote system].
  • The board will sometimes put a space on an empty line above a quote (see this post); at the same time, intentional spaces at the beginning of a line are being stripped out (so are empty lines after quotes, and sometimes empty lines before quotes). Try:
    Code:
    qwertyqwerty
    qwertyqwerty

[quote name="EvilDragon" post="208823"]
    [/quote]

asdfasdfasdf
     qwertzdvorak
        qwertzdvorak
(Feel free to send a copy of this post, or a link to it of course, to Invision Power as a follow-up note.)

Just testing the quote feature: is this fixed?

EDIT: Apparently not for me. Why is quoting working for other people and not me?

What browser are you using?

Apparently, the editor saves the HTML code inside the HTML... :/

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="EvilDragon" data-cid="208892" data-time="1356113658"><p>

What browser are you using?<br /></p></blockquote>

midori / default n900 browser

What browser are you using? Apparently, the editor saves the HTML code inside the HTML... :/
This is what happens when I use the "Full Version" of the site. Looks like only the mobile version is broken for me.

Does IPB even do the tiniest amount of testing of new versions before releasing them?? This is absurd :/

Does IPB even do the tiniest amount of testing of new versions before releasing them?? This is absurd :/
Well, usually, the .0-versions can be an issue, that's why I always wait for the .1 version.

However, this is after an upgrade, which makes it a bit more complex.

Well, usually, the .0-versions can be an issue, that's why I always wait for the .1 version.

--------

Tapatalk is broken also with whatever you updated, I just tried to quote you end and this is what its doing

--------

Tapatalk is broken also with whatever you updated, I just tried to quote you end and this is what its doing

--------

Yup tapatalk is very broken, if you click on any page number of replies it only shows the first page. Quotes are still borked.

Back