Flash Support For Buttons?

kev256

Still Fresh
If you write a flash game to play on the wiz, can you use the buttons or is it touch screen only?

kev256 said:
If you write a flash game to play on the wiz, can you use the buttons or is it touch screen only?

The touch screen functions as a mouse.

The directional pad is mapped to the arrow keys on a normal keyboard

The other buttons can be mapped to the standard keys on a keyboard, and you've got 6 to work with. Keep in mind the wiz has fairly slow flash support, and you can't overclock if you expect to use the touchscreen. Also keep in mind that the wiz resolution is 320x240, and no bigger. That should be helpful in developing a flash game for it. =P

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!
Are there default keys that the buttons are set to that I can use, or do they need to be set for each game?
I'll be getting a wiz soon and I'd like to develop for it. Since I already know flash I figure it's the obvious place to start, and then I can put the games online for non-wiz people to play too.

The included Flash games use the following mapping:

B (right button) = enter
A (left button) = S
X (bottom button) = space
Y (top button) = backspace
L (left trigger) = D
R (right trigger) = A

When I try to reconfigure the bindings I can only select: enter, S, space, backspace, D, and A. Dunno if the selection is restricted via some configuration file or if only these keys are available in general.

Back