Flamebird 2 Probs

Toftman

Still Fresh
Hi,

Wondered if anyone could help. Trying to work my way through the tutorial but I cannot run Flamebird 2. I get an error saying couldnt find fdl.lan which is supposed to be in the Help directory.Which it is!
Any help would be great.

Cheers,
at

I did what it suggested in the tutorial I think.

C:\FENIX, then inside I have a folder for FENIX ( with the Fenix desktop.exe, FPG.exe etc..)

And also a Flamebird 2 folder.
Then when I try to run it to try the Hello World thing I get the error message.

thanks,

at

Sorry for the late reply, but I have the exact same problem.
Downloaded several time but every time I get ".../help/fdl.lan could not be found".
And how can you not unzip something correctly?

where all the apps are fxi.exe ect,ect are go in the folder and at the directory copy it and when you get 2 fenix and in the thing where you need to insert the where abouts of the directory paste it and thats just about it i think

charga_man posted on Mar 29 2005 at 05:39 PM said:
where all the apps are fxi.exe ect,ect are go in the folder and at the directory copy it and when you get 2 fenix and in the thing where you need to insert the where abouts of the directory paste it and thats just about it i think
:huh:

Anyway, is there somewhere an older version I can download, who knows maybe that'll work.

Last edited by a moderator:
dwarrior posted on Mar 30 2005 at 11:41 AM said:
charga_man posted on Mar 29 2005 at 05:39 PM said:
:huh:

Anyway, is there somewhere an older version I can download, who knows maybe that'll work.

well i'v got version 2:11....

what version do you have?

Also got the 2.11.
If I'm correct, flamebird 2 is the same as flamebird 1 but in english.
Going to google for it. Hope it works.

dwarrior posted on Mar 30 2005 at 08:04 PM said:
Also got the 2.11.
If I'm correct, flamebird 2 is the same as flamebird 1 but in english.
Going to google for it. Hope it works.

fb 2:11 works for me... i'v done all EDs tutorials. :D

i really want to make a game i'v drawn out all the plans already and hoping to make it soon.

There is no version before 2.11 except for 0.8, which is pretty bloated and not that userfriendly. And for it not working, if you can type and have the path to the executables set correctly nothing can go wrong.

Yeah, I want to start a game too, but NO idea of what kind.

...any idea would be welcome :D

Moogle posted on Mar 30 2005 at 11:33 PM said:
There is no version before 2.11 except for 0.8, which is pretty bloated and not that userfriendly. And for it not working, if you can type and have the path to the executables set correctly nothing can go wrong.

i have one/idea. though i want to make the game my self.

can you code? like properly not just the tutorials?

Moogle posted on Mar 30 2005 at 10:33 PM said:

But I can't type any paths to executables, flamebird closes because of that error before I can do anything.

Given up on fenix before I even started :(

Back