GP2X File Selector Lib/src For Xmess Port

telengard

Certified Guru
Website
users.adelphia.net
Howdy,

I'm working on porting xmess to the gp2x. I started w/ the a7800 driver and while it runs fine (a tad slow though) the emulation will not start unless a cart has been selected via the command line. I didn't want users to have to have a cart inserted to start so I'd like to put a file chooser in. I also considered recommending using the available Selector program, but I'd like to keep the emulator as simple as possible to configure/use. It's already complicated enough with all the options and systems it supports.

I spent quite a while trying to use the xmess menu system but I need to have the cart selected *way* before this happens in xmess's startup so I need to have a file picker for systems that require a cart inserted in the system upon startup. I've got the hooks in place to put it up and also the display set early on so all I need is to put up the dlg.

Does anyone have any pointers to some code to handle this? I know someone here has had to do it at one time or another. ;)

I can do it if there isn't but I thought I would ask first since it would free me up to work on the actual emulator itself. I'm trying to keep this on SDL until I have time to move it to something better, so I guess SDL code would be best.

thanks for any help!
~telengard

My interface does just this.
Source
Maybe it will help you :/

Hiya SirDzstic,

Thanks a bunch for that. I found something that same night I posted and ended up using that (after asking permission). But thanks anyway, your file manager looks like it's shaping up well.

take care,
~telengard

Last edited by a moderator:
Back