Fighting games

dean147

Still Fresh
I havent had my GP32 long but have got round to the stage on loading emulators on and games and wondered what the best fighting game is?

Can u get streetfighter and what emulator does it play best on?

Are there any commercial games worth buying? I am going to buy pinball dreams it looks really good

Thanks for help

DEan

I´ve been playing soem Samurai SHodown 2 on the Neo Geo Pocket emulator. I´m not a big fighter-fan but I find it quite amusing.

Fatal Fury 2 on the Game Gear is surprisingly playable

SNK vs Capcom on the Neo Geo Pocket Colour is good too

Street Fighter Alpha is quite enjoyable on the Gameboy Colour (despite it's graphics and lack of speech)

the ORIGINAL SF2 is *almost playable* on the SNES providing you keep the sound off and can put up with a slight-jumpy-frameskip...

Yes, i too dream of the day when i can play a PERFECT fighting game on this handheld!

thebluenewt posted on Aug 22 2003 said:
Pinball Dreams is just as good.

Bit of a lack of good fighting games really, SF2 doesn't work well on any emulator sadly... :(
This isn't exactly true. If you'll recall, there was a port of SF2-CE to the TG-16. This plays on GPEngine... a little slowly, but it does play.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been able to get the street fighter 2 rom for the GPengine emulator to work, I didn't think anyone had as it uses graphical techniques that GPengine can't yet emulate

When I try to play SF2 on GPEngine, All the character sprites are scrambled, so it isn't really playable...

The C64 had quite a few fighting games, like International Karate, Karate Champ, and the like. With only one button they lack the complexity of current fighters, but they sure are fun! My personal favorite is Yie Ar Kung Fu on the C64.

International Karate also appeared for the Atari ST, so you might check that version out as well.

ikplus.jpg

true karma posted on Aug 22 2003 said:
I've never been able to get the street fighter 2 rom for the GPengine emulator to work, I didn't think anyone had as it uses graphical techniques that GPengine can't yet emulate
Like weazel said, I've been able to play it fine, the sprites are just a little messed up. I assumed that I just had a bad rom dump, but it could be that the emulator doesn't work with it 100%. It does run, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back