Fifa 06 On Ps2?

gary.mckeown

Website
Visit site
Has anyone played it yet? whats it like? i'm usually a pro evo player but thought i'd rent it and give it a try.

what are your thoughts on it? i cant play it yet till i finish work :-(

Gaz

p.s

most importantly. is nakamura at celtic? :)

cheers

lol i know but i'm formattin my pc and needed something to play while it was doing it so thought i'd give it a try cuz i'm bored of we9 now (21days to go i think till pes5 :-D)

ive got we9, i cant download any demo's because i'll be formatting my pc, thats why i've got fifa to play on the ps2 while its formatting.

The game isn't out in the US yet but I happened a cross a couple of reactions from the net from Euro players that seem to have it:

davidngui2005 said:
Fifa 06 actually looks pretty much like the fifa 2005. I don't see any significant change in the looks of the players and stadiums. The soundtracks...well...forgetful.

You are able to move the players more freely now and the game is smoother compared to fifa 2005. The ball physic is improved but still moves too fast imo. The overall game pace is also too fast so you don't feel the realistic of the sport.

But the big and same problem continues...repetitious and predictable gameplay. You still play the manager mode, apart from some small features like you are now able to set the ticket price of your homegame and send your scout to find young players, I don't see anything else that can be proud of. By playing in different leagues and achieve certain task, you get points to unlock extra ball, stadium, players etc.

Overall it's a better game than fifa2005. Better than WE9...? I don't think so.

dctalk said:
i have to agree with davidngui2005, the game is a good improvement from fifa 2005, but the truth is that it gets very repetitive after a couple of matches and you start wondering if its time to get back to WE...
Anyway, there are many unlockables, maybe others may have posted some of them, but there are many ridiculous and almost useless things! davidngui2005 already told you all about the so-called "funny" sfx, which i think is a waste of points (just like buying colina in fifa 2005). Also there are classic player bios to watch, previews on the biggest leagues, there's an option called "Career mode team", which i don't know what it is for (don't have enough points yet to buy it)...

Anyway, i got this game just to have a little distraction before PES5 comes out...

hope that helps some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back