Fheroes2 On The Caanoo?

orlok

Still Fresh
Hi everybody,

has anyone managed to run Free Heroes 2 (Fheroes2) on the Caanoo? Does somebody know if there's a port on the way?

Thanks in advance for answering!

Built latest sources for CAANOO, look here.

Last edited by a moderator:
sdm said:

Wow thank you so much, I was looking forward to this for so long, it's my favorite game... I can't bring the right click to work though, even if I change the key mapping with fheroes2.key. I'm having some issues with the sound too (some sounds are looping), do think there is any chance to get the source code to try to fix them?

Thanks!

orlok said:
sdm said:

Wow thank you so much, I was looking forward to this for so long, it's my favorite game... I can't bring the right click to work though, even if I change the key mapping with fheroes2.key. I'm having some issues with the sound too (some sounds are looping), do think there is any chance to get the source code to try to fix them?

Thanks!

I found a bug with sounds. If the units move or you build something the sound will be looped forever until you enter a city screen. Not too big, but a big annoying. Maybe its inside the game and fixed in an later revision of the source code. Did the build worked straight forward? If not can you build the game again with the latest source files?

Kind regards, rohezal.

rohezal said:
I found a bug with sounds. If the units move or you build something the sound will be looped forever until you enter a city screen. Not too big, but a big annoying. Maybe its inside the game and fixed in an later revision of the source code. Did the build worked straight forward? If not can you build the game again with the latest source files?

Yes build works straight forward, no changes to source code required. However I added handling of caanoo input. Here is the build from latest sources.

After a game: new fixes are inside (at least after I read the change log). But there are some graphical glitches. The information bar in battle is over the other buttons. in the city after building the screen is wierd and moved. not sure why, maybe you habe to download the other files (/data/ etc.) again, when they changed them. The loop sound bug is still in it. If I move or visit an obelisk the sound is played until I visit a city or something.

But in general it works fine.

rohezal said:
After a game: new fixes are inside (at least after I read the change log). But there are some graphical glitches. The information bar in battle is over the other buttons. in the city after building the screen is wierd and moved. not sure why, maybe you habe to download the other files (/data/ etc.) again, when they changed them. The loop sound bug is still in it. If I move or visit an obelisk the sound is played until I visit a city or something.

But in general it works fine.

Regarding sound issue I found this topic. Maybe this is not the case, but I commented code setting fadein and volume to try. Could you please check it? Download link

Strange bug. It works in the first turn of the game. No sound repeat. But after the first turn is over, or you load the game the sound loop happens again. Is there any debug output I can send you?

Kind regards, rohezal

rohezal said:
Strange bug. It works in the first turn of the game. No sound repeat. But after the first turn is over, or you load the game the sound loop happens again. Is there any debug output I can send you?

Kind regards, rohezal

You can enable debug in fheroes2.cfg. Maybe it would clarify something.

rohezal said:
Strange bug. It works in the first turn of the game. No sound repeat. But after the first turn is over, or you load the game the sound loop happens again.

In previous build sound was looping even in first turn? If so, maybe getting rid of Mix_VolumeMusic helped, but MixVolume also influences. Here is another build with Mix_Volume also commented: dowload link.

Invalied file, cant start the game :(. Not sure if the behavious with the sound was in the older version. I think it was not, I noticed the sound bug pretty fast. Can you recompile it?

Hmm looks like I just got the name of the file wrong (fheroes instead of fheroes2). I downloaded the latest fheroes2 folder from their website (rev2860). Lets have a try :)

No sound at all at newest version. Trying the older one.

Edit: Tried the older one, maybe the problem is related to the newer folder of fheroes2 from source forge. i will try to revert it but not right now.

rohezal said:
No sound at all at newest version. Trying the older one.

I have no sound with this version too. So I assume that's not the issue with sdl_mixer bug. Maybe I'll look later if get some time.

Well, I've noticed that I made previous builds without sdl_mixer at all. Here is new build which uses sdl_mixer. Tried playing it for a while and it seems that loop sound bug has gone. Please check if so for you.

Back