Fce Ultra

Orkie said:
I will have a look at the SDL thing tomorrow. Any link to the binary? :D
:D Here :D

Warning: Dont mess with any of the Gp2X specific settings (although they should be linked to dummy functions)

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter R said:
Thanks, will give it a try later. Why not upload these to either here directly or to the Wiz Archive?
well I played a bit in "8 bit mode" last night. If you actually hit the volume buttons the screen gets converted up to 16 bit. You can get an idea of how it should look like :)
I think everything will work except MMU hack, memory timings, and clock settings. and those features should be dummy functions doing nothing.
It looks like eveythings else, scaling do work.

Once this SDL thing gets straighted out (Go Orkie Go) and eveything tests out I will begin to upload to the wiz archive

Hi all, I'm a noob to the GP2X world so forgive me if I do or say something stupid. :)

Anyways, I'm running Orkie's GPFCE 0.4 on my Wiz and the emulator itself works great but whenever I try to exit back to the Wiz menu it freezes on the loading screen? Anybody else experience this? Am I doing something wrong?

Also, I noticed there was no read me file in the package, but two executables:
fceu_norot.gpe
fceu_rot.gpe

Whats the difference? and which should I be running?

Thanks.

Pickle posted on May 19 2009 at 02:21 AM said:
norot is the normal 320x240x8 mode
rot is the 240x320x8 rotation mode, which is supposed to reduce the flicker, it onl work with some firmware
The ROT mode seems glitchy to me as it has random pixels on the right side and software horizontal only scale causes the diagonal line. It also has some V-sync issues causing horizontal tearing.

I wonder why these can't be programmed like the GP32 was, that had a portrait mode screen too.

Back