FAQ

I'm talking to hando at the moment about the possiblility of getting the FAQ section of the site off the ground. Hopefully it won;t be long befor that becomes possible...

Stay tuned....

I agree people should have access to and read the FAQ, but the whole point of the help and other stuff forum is newbies can post questions there. The questions may be annoying because people post the same ones so often, and can't seem bothered to look a little for the answers, but hey, after a while they get used to the way things work

I'm not against answering a newbies questions at all... but, if you give a newbie a FAQ they can learn, if you just preach one answer they come back to ask more. :)

Okay, not quite the original quote, but you get the idea.

A proper FAQ should waaaaay down on the redundant questions.

We probably need a FAQ and a "Newbie Look Here First" link. The FAQ could have more complex questions.

I'm talking to hando at the moment about the possiblility of getting the FAQ section of the site off the ground. Hopefully it won;t be long befor that becomes possible...

Stay tuned....
Too late, three days ago I asked him about the site updates and he is using the FAQ as a base for his FAQ page on the site, when he gets around to scripting it. News script will also be updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
A proper FAQ should waaaaay down on the redundant questions.

We probably need a FAQ and a "Newbie Look Here First" link. The FAQ could have more complex questions.
I disagree - the FAQ should cover -all- the redundant questions, then anything more complex can be answered on a case by case basis in the forums. Else the forums become quite useless for help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too late, three days ago I asked him about the site updates and he is using the FAQ as a base for his FAQ page on the site, when he gets around to scripting it. News script will also be updated.

:p

fair enough :D

More work eh?

Back