Famicom Disk System Emulation

clean_sandwich

Still Fresh
just a quick question. is there a famicom disk system emulator on the gp32? like i know there is a NES one but have any of them have the disk system implemented? i really hope there is. there were some good gems on that system for FDS. like doki doki panic and other rarities.

did i miss something? or is it allready in little john or the others?

The disk system is just another cheaper cartidge, there is no reason it wouldn't work on any NES emulator that I can see.

clean_sandwich posted on Jul 2 2004 at 06:51 PM said:
just a quick question. is there a famicom disk system emulator on the gp32? like i know there is a NES one but have any of them have the disk system implemented? i really hope there is. there were some good gems on that system for FDS. like doki doki panic and other rarities.

did i miss something? or is it allready in little john or the others?
doki doki panic is a cart game not a disk system game i think

just play SMB2, its better n e way

Last edited by a moderator:
pip posted on Jul 2 2004 at 07:14 PM said:
The disk system is just another cheaper cartidge, there is no reason it wouldn't work on any NES emulator that I can see.
You need the fds bios rom.
But I don't think LJGP or fNES support this.
I do think it could be implemented, but I'm no coder.
Here's hoping :p
mattmagoo Jul 2 2004 posted on 07:30 PM said:
doki doki panic is a cart game not a disk system game i think
Doki doki is definitely fds.

diablo2 posted on Jul 2 2004 at 08:18 PM said:
i thought that was never released and thats how playstation came to be
You're thinking of an SNES add on that sony was developing. Or something to that effect.
Look here

jcintheus posted on Jul 2 2004 at 09:29 PM said:
diablo2 posted on Jul 2 2004 at 08:18 PM said:
i thought that was never released and thats how playstation came to be
You're thinking of an SNES add on that sony was developing. Or something to that effect.
Look here
the Philips CD-Rom addon for SNES really existed, I already saw one IRL. This one is even more rare than FDS.

No, the Philips CD-Rom joint project between them and Nintendo became the CDi, and I bet nintendo kicked themselves in the /\55 for choosing philips over sony!

Hooka posted on Jul 2 2004 at 10:04 PM said:
No, the Philips CD-Rom joint project between them and Nintendo became the CDi, and I bet nintendo kicked themselves in the /\55 for choosing philips over sony!
Here's more information.

I also would like to see fds emulation.
You know, feminine deodorant spray. :D

Back