GP2X F200 Touchscreen Programming

GernotFrisch

Hi,

how can I get the stylus position for the F200 (using hardware registers, at best or /dev/mouse? - I don't like SDL if possible).
Also - is there a way to determine if the device has a touchscreen/mouse or not?

I would bet it won't be a mouse device, but a touchscreen device (so X and Y co-ordinates and possibly pressure too).

i was searching for this as well. It seems sdl has support for touchscreens. u gotta set 3 variables in order to get sdl to use it as a mouse, well at least if the information here : http://www.devolution.com/pipermail/sdl/2006-May/074506.html
is correct.

been reading some more on the issue. Seems sdl has to be compiled with tslib support in order to make that work there are patches out there to do this

I've been testing the touchscreen for GMenu2X and after a lot of frustration I discovered that (at least in my case) the touchscreen stops responding under 136MHz.

I don't know if there's something that can be done to fix this behaviour, but I just wanted to warn everybody about this issue.

Does anyone know how exactly the touchscreen is implemented? As in, is it SPI or UART based? I'm assuming the former unless someone finds out differently. In which case, you'll probably have to reconfigure the peripheral when you are running slow.

Parkydr said:
Couldn't we all.

Ought to do like One Laptop per Child. Buy 2, give one to a dev.

(preferrably me :))
I agree, apart from the last line ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the basis for a reality show and the winner gets the new model. I could compete but I know that I have not got the time. My poor GP2X has been idle except for others work for some time.

OK, got it working, but the position is quite unstable. The position jitters.
Am I doing somehting wrong or must I approximate over some input-reads?

Back