F-200 Woes

fosszombie

Still Fresh
My F200 has many problems and will crash with many apps/games that use sound. It crashes on apps that don't use sound as well.

It can go through a battery in like 10 minutes. I can only play 10-15m on a freshly charged battery, or about 12m on a alkaline fresh brand new.

I think my unit is broken, of all the people I talked to who own a f200 I don't know one of them who has gotten it to work to their satisfaction. Quote "most are shipped DOA there is no QC".

I'm working with GP2XSTORE right now and will keep you guys updated on what's happening. I'll hold my blog and magazine reviews until this issue is solved.

I spent quite a bit of money on this investment, 177$ shipped for the unit, another 50$ for sd card and great quality batteries. Money on non-rechargable batteries, and more on accessories.

PS: I did the battery test on the included non-sd games and they really only last a few minutes longer than sd games before the unit craps out.

non rechargeables are a no go especially alkaline batteries !.

you should get nimh rechargeables with 2700ma don't know what kind of batteries you have though. but ofcourse it's always possible that the unit is faulty but i would check my battery spec's first :)

My F200 has many problems and will crash with many apps/games that use sound
This is probably because the F200 changed the supported sound rates. Turn off sound or choose 20khz.

fosszombie said:
I think my unit is broken, of all the people I talked to who own a f200 I don't know one of them who has gotten it to work to their satisfaction. Quote "most are shipped DOA there is no QC".

You know, the more of these I read the more I feel like the luckiest guy in the world! Apparently I'm the ONLY guy in the ENTIRE WORLD with a perfectly working F-200!

That is until all of the owners of "broken" F-200's put rechargeable batteries in their units... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had it crash if overclocking while turning the volume up loud. Makes sense though since the audio amp is so loud, it has to get the juice from somewhere. I have even seen the power LED dim to the music when cranked up. That could be the cause, so turn it down a bit.

grahf said:
if alkalines are lasting LONGER than your rechargables, then the rechargables or your charger are most likely the problem..

Or the charger ??

I'm getting a few hours out of mine (not checked how many tho yet), also all the emu's I have wanted to play so far work fine - yes there have been one or two QC issues - but its been one or two certainly not "everyone I know" etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Get 3-4 hours on the 2700mAh rechargables that came with it. Around 2 hours using some older 2000mAh, and about 30 mins using some really old 1700mAh batteries.

Not had any reliability issues, other than the odd compatibility problem with sound. All emulators tested at 266MHz.

Back