Extending The Welcome

Mamemeister

Still Fresh
Hiya

I've been loitering here for a while but only posted once or twice. I've had my GP32 for over a year and love it, although I wish I had the backlit version now but it wasnt around when I bought mine.

I was especially interested to see the pics from the meet up last year.

I'm a integral part of the Yakyak community Yakyak I dont know if any of you visit but I reckon you'd all love it. The forum was initially built up around our very own Jeff Minter who indeed brought the GAmepark to our attention.

What Jeff says about the GP32

Theres a good number of us with one now. Amongst Gamepark, we chat about everything, especially Retro stuff, arcade game movies really anything tou want to talk about. We even have a game league where you play a game for a week and points are allocated.

We also have meetups or 'Jollys' as we like to call them, indeed we are having one of our 'Retrovision' events on the 19th -20th JUne. Basically we all take our tech along and have a good gaming sesh and drink plenty. Where else will you get to enjoy the delights of playing a C64, Spectrum, Vic 20, Gamecube, GP32, Atari ST, Amiga, VLM, Vectrex, a few arcade cabs and a dedicated Mame cab, amongst shitloads of other stuff. Believe me, we are hardcore gaming junkies like you guys.

Have a look here

This will be our 4th one heres a link to the last one

Retrovision 3

It'd be great to see, and in the meantime keep up the good work guys.

Mamemeister

welcome to the gp32_console GP32iest gp32_console forums gp32_console on the internet gp32_console

(hoping for a GP32 version of Llamatron++ or Ancipital++ (when he gets the time... ;) ) )

papapopalung posted on May 15 2004 at 02:39 PM said:
welcome to the gp32_console GP32iest gp32_console forums gp32_console on the internet gp32_console

(hoping for a GP32 version of Llamatron++ or Ancipital++ (when he gets the time... ;) ) )
Thanks Dude, nice to be here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I met Jeff in 1986 at one of the computer shows. He convinced me to buy an Amiga instead of an ST. A very sound bloke. I have fond memories of colourspace on the 8 Bit Atari. I wish I still had it. I mean who other than Jeff could come up with a joystick controlled light synthesiser. Colourspace is kind of like controlling your own visualisation plugin for winamp if you've never seen it. Top stuff :)

OMG just remembered sheep in space too. LOL

Hell no.

We need Gridrunner++!

I got playing the original Gridrunner on Castaway, and the Gridrunner++ remake demo for PC. Absolutely quality games.

BaDToaD posted on May 15 2004 at 04:50 PM said:
Cool. I met Jeff in 1986 at one of the computer shows. He convinced me to buy an Amiga instead of an ST. A very sound bloke. I have fond memories of colourspace on the 8 Bit Atari. I wish I still had it. I mean who other than Jeff could come up with a joystick controlled light synthesiser. Colourspace is kind of like controlling your own visualisation plugin for winamp if you've never seen it. Top stuff :)

OMG just remembered sheep in space too. LOL
Can't you just run colourspace on the atari 800 emu on the GP32? I would think so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't you just run colourspace on the atari 800 emu on the GP32? I would think so.

Mmmm good point. Not sure if it would be as good as running in on a 28 inch telly though :)

Ooooh I could output a PC 800 emu through the TV.

Cheers for idea Dave. Why I didn't think of it emulating it myself I don't know. Talk about thick :)

Back