Explain Please?

Windups was a shell replacement for the GP32 that looked very similar to a desktop (icons, start menu etc). It also had a text editor, text reader, file explorer and address book apps built in.

yaustar posted on Feb 26 2006 at 02:05 AM said:
Windups was a shell replacement for the GP32 that looked very similar to a desktop (icons, start menu etc). It also had a text editor, text reader, file explorer and address book apps built in.
ohhh ok cool, but i judge by you saying was, that it is no longer available?

are there any other similar ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have a gp32 though i wouldn't use it
the mouse actually feels very nice, but the whole desktop theme doesn't suit gp32 imo
use slubmans fw

diablo2 posted on Feb 26 2006 at 02:42 AM said:
the mouse actually feels very nice, but the whole desktop theme doesn't suit gp32 imo
use slubmans fw

ah ok thanks for getting back to me. I missed out on the whole gp32 scene, is it still worth getting one?

mainnine posted on Feb 26 2006 at 03:57 AM said:
diablo2 posted on Feb 26 2006 at 02:42 AM said:
use slubmans fw

ah ok thanks for getting back to me. I missed out on the whole gp32 scene, is it still worth getting one?

If you don`t want/need psx, Neogeo (mvs) or Amiga emulation, Can get along with a maximum 128mb`s of card storage space, And can pick a Blu/Blu+ GP32 version up for cheap, Then i`d say go for it.

Great battery life,
Better screen than the GP2x,
Better joystick than the GP2x,
Full speed Nes emulation,
Near full speed megadrive emulation,
Full speed master system emulation,
Playable snes emulation,
Near full speed atari ST emulation,
Near full speed PCEngine emulation,

And a great deal more.

Trooper

Though I do dearly love the GP32 (ahh), I'd have to disagree that it has a better screen than the 2X. And the 2X, other than the stick, is better designed IMO.

also winups isnt that good because you cant boot directly into it (tmk) so its not that useful unless you dont mind loading it up just to boot up a game which you could normally boot up in the firmware to me its a waste of time (but still a good app, dont get me wrong)... also its windows so why bother

(ps slubmans fw rules!!)

Back