Exagear is dead

Box86 sound realy good.
I am curious about Linux native Games linke X-Beyond the Frontier and RPG Maker XP/VX Games.

And other Things to test Mike Descent3 Loki Linux Version

With a complete Chroot...this Und would be very big :)

I'm surprised how many of you are willing to plonk some cash on some closed source that'll never get any faster or have any bugs fixed.
They did deliver many updates since I bought it, so there's that.
With that being said, we don't need Eltechs to implement hardware accelerated 3D. iirc such a thing had already somewhat been done via GLShim, hasn't it?

Box86 looks interesting. As harsh as this sounds, perhaps even that one's GL library setup could be used with Exagear if that's still faster (doesn't have to, but we're talking years of multiple professional paid coders vs. one ptitSeb, I assume).
But we shall see. Wouldn't be the first time we get something amazing and groundbreaking from this community.

Reactions: ___
Box86 looks interesting. As harsh as this sounds, perhaps even that one's GL library setup could be used with Exagear if that's still faster (doesn't have to, but we're talking years of multiple professional paid coders vs. one ptitSeb, I assume).
But we shall see. Wouldn't be the first time we get something amazing and groundbreaking from this community.
My bet's on ptitSeb.

Using glshim with Exagear was possible. I remember having a hard time to set it up and then being only able to run a basic sample app.

They did deliver many updates since I bought it, so there's that.
With that being said, we don't need Eltechs to implement hardware accelerated 3D. iirc such a thing had already somewhat been done via GLShim, hasn't it?

What I understand Eltechs isn't that huge, think it's the work of pretty much one individual.

I also believe @lunixbochs (_aegis_) had some part in getting 3D acceleration working with exagear, and Ptitseb has contributed greatly to glshim over the years...

Just to mention, gl4es cannot be used with Exagear (or QEMU), as I never implemented the "proxy" mode that lunixbochs developped in glshim (and it was never my intension to do so, as I had other ideas in mind for 3D acceleration in emulation).

Uhmm Airline Tycoon Deluxe....it's a game that i bought some time ago on GOG because the source was available. :cool:
Also very great work with Box86.

Box86 is my own x86 Linux Userspace emulator. I'll do a full anoncement, with technical details, sources and all when I'm ready.
In the mean time, enjoy some teasing... :)

Something tells me that Box86 might be better tuned to work on the Pyra than cobbling together other drivers and crossing fingers...

Looking forward to seeing more on this. If you're looking for use cases to test...
Pyra - Box86 - Steam Linux Client - Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition (NWNEE) for Linux x86 - connect to a persistent world (Internet game).

If you're willing to test/tune for it but don't have it in your Steam library, PM me either a Steam userID or PayPal address and I'll buy you a copy. (Offer only valid for @ptitSeb). I'll even volunteer to be a beta tester for you when I get my prototype. :)

Did they kill it early? I wanted to grab a license but everything is already listed as SOLD OUT.

Daamn. I was just sad because Exagear died, but if that means we're getting our home-made alternative here with an actual community supporting it, I see no reason to be sad :)

Last edited:
Back