Ever bought a system on the strength of one game alone..?

Garrett

Advanced Member
My system seller was donated to the charity shop I volunteer in today (along with the machine & a handful of other quality titles)

..just couldn't resist! (too many memories) & have only just recently extracted the controller from my sweaty paw.

I'll give you a clue.. the system wasn't exactly known for it's aesthetics & it's probably not the game most would immediately think of.. (at least have a guess first!)

???

Most link Halo as x-Box systems seller. Was pretty much the only game I played on it

Yup, I bought an xbox for Halo and frankly it was awesome, particularly in co-op mode.

Bought an amiga 500 on the strength of shadow of the beast 2.

I was thinking of getting a Wii for just for Xenoblade Chronicles.

yep.

SNES: was more of a Genesis guy. bought a SNES  years later for Metroid alone.

Playstion 1: Abe's Odyssey(late to the sony party) still only have four games for it.

Wii: Zelda Twilight princess

Not a game but I was into music & saw the Fresh House MOD running on an a500 Amiga, I only went in the shop to get a disk drive for my C=64 but ended up forgetting that & bringing home the Amiga.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Halo truely redefined the genre at the time. Not just because it was a great game, it also worked so very well with the huge original xbox gamepad.

i was used to gamepads anyway, but with halo a FPS felt better on a console than on a pc for the first time.

i bought the Sega saturn only for virtua cops. later on i bought tomb raider and was disappointed that the psx version looked a lot better.

i bought the xbox and xbox360 to mod them and figure out how things work.

a couple of years ago i bought a secod hand ps2 slim. only to play sing star (or whatever its called). never really used it.

i was thinking about building a new pc system to be able to play the day z. but thats not gonna happen.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

I decided I had to buy a ZX Spectrum when I saw 'Arcadia' ( http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0000237 )

- not the game, the title screen where the Imagine logo scrolled on screen. That was the moment 'high resolution graphics' suddenly made sense to me as a ZX81 owner.

Then Ridge Racer on the Playstation. I would have bought one eventually, but as I loved RR in the arcades, I had to get a Japanese Playstation ASAP.

Then Ridge Racer on the Playstation. I would have bought one eventually, but as I loved RR in the arcades, I had to get a Japanese Playstation ASAP.
I bought a PSX for Tekken 2. At the time it was the best looking 3D fighter ever, and I spent countless hours on it. After, Soul Blade came out and it became my favorite 3D fighting game.

Never bought a system with the intention of only ever buying that one game, but these are the games that had me NEEDING the system:

GBC for Link's Awakening DX

SNES for Donkey Kong Country

N64 for Super Smash Bros.

First PC I built with my own money: Counter-Strike

PS2 for GTA: Vice City (and for modding-SNES emulation specifically)

XBox 360 for GTAIV Multiplayer

XBOX for hacking/modding/experimenting, only commercial games I really played were Halo and Crazy Taxi 3, the rest homebrew

PS3 for Uncharted

i bought the xbox and xbox360 to mod them and figure out how things work.
+1

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Gameboy Color to trade secret gifts with friends over IR with Pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal, although I owned a Gameboy Classic, on which the rest worked quite well... However awesome times...

Without blinking twice, I bought a Playstation when I saw a demo of Wipeout2097 (That's WipeoutXL in the US) in a game shop. The next day I had to take a 'sick day' from work. :D

I played that on a daily basis for almost 2 years. Pretty single minded if I look back at it now.

I bought a Gizmondo to play STICKY BALLS :unsure:   ;)

Back